26

~ The Princess and The Queen ~

"This is absurd." He said taking the end of her dress in his hand to help her move easier. We finally make it to the Queen's chambers door where we are met with Ser Cristion, the most pathetic man in the realms. "Princess." He says and I scoffed. "Move out the fucking way." I spat and rolled his eyes and stepping aside. When we walked in the Queen was staring out the window and her servant bows her head politely. "Rhaenyra! You should be resting after your labors." She said and I laugh bitterly. "Yes she should. Now we're here on your orders, so let's just get this pettiness on with so I can get her to bed." I said not having much patience for the nice act.

"Nora, be nice." She says softly while the queen and I glared at each other. Gods, I can't believe I've loved this woman. "I have no doubt that you would prefer that, your Grace." Rhaenyra said. "You must sit." She said. "Talya, fetch a cushion for the princess." The queen says. "There's no need." Rhaenyra said. "Nonsense." She said and before dismissing her servant form the room. "We'll finish this later." She said. "Your, Grace." The girl said and left.

Laenor and I helped Rhaenyra sit down slowly and carefully. The door reopened making me look up to see the king, who was gotten sicker over the years but he's still kicking. "What happy news this morning." The king says and I smiled as he walks further into the room. "Indeed, your Grace." Laenor said. "Where is he? Where is my grandson?" He asked before Rhaenyra hands me the sweet babe and Viserys stands next to me before i carefully lay the kid in his arms. "There he is. A fine prince. Sturdy. You will make a fearsome knight. Yes you will." He said smiling down at the babe.

"Does the babe have a name yet?" The queen asked. "We haven't spoken-." Rhaenyra began but was beat to the punch. "Joffrey. He'll be called Joffrey." Laenor says and Rhaenyra glares up at him slightly. "That's an unusual name for a Velaryon." The queen says and I turn to her. "I'd expect you to remember the man your guard brutally murder... or at least his name. Quite disappointed, really." I said and Alicent swallowed thickly as Laenor hid a smile while Rhaenyra shook her head. "I do believe he has his father's nose." The king said and I held a back a chuckle as Laenor laughs lightly.

"Don't you?" The king said cooing the babe in his arms. The room grows tense as Alicent begins to glare at the three of us. "If you don't mind, your Grace, your daughter has exerted herself heroically and should rest."Laenor says and goes to grab the babe boy but the Queen was quick to take Joffrey in her hand. She walks forward and Laenor follow behind her leaving Rhaenyra with her father. "Do keep trying, Ser Laenor. Soon or late, you may get one who looks like you." Queen Alicent says as she lays the babe in the fathers arms. "Bite us, cunt." I said and Laenor eyes widen as she smiles bitterly before walking away.

Rhaenyra was walking back toward us and Laenor was chuckling at what just happened. "Oh Gods, what did you say now?" She asked in a whisper once she next to us. "Nothing I have not said before." I said as she held onto my arm as we walked out the room. "You don't think to consult me before you name my child?" Rhaenyra asked once we walked passed Ser Criston. "He's our child, is he not?" He asked. "Only one of us is bleeding." She said and I sighed. "I deserve some say in the affairs of my own family." He argues back. "You haven't seemed so interested in our affairs of late." She said and we walked ahead.