10

~Second of his name~

When Rhaenyra finally got the courage to walk out the carriage the both of us walked into the tent where the celebration was taking place. We walked around side by side looking around the room and taking it in. "Are you going to be okay, my love?" I asked in high Valyrian and she smiled softly at me. "I'm always okay with you, my light." She says as we walk passed a bunch of old wives and their conversations.

"Lady Johanna reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones." I heard as we walked closer we discovered Alicent was also sitting along wit these gossiping women. "What will happen to lady Johanna?" Alicent asked. "She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities. If you believe the rumors." Lady Ceira said before I hear the voice of Larys Strong, his brother Harwin is usually protecting me from outside of my chamber doors as of late. I never got the pleasure of meeting the man everyone calls Clubfoot.

"I fear the gods did not make me for hunting. Might I sit with you, my ladies?" He asked. "But of course. Please join us." Alicent says as he takes a seat. "Larys Strong , the youngest son of our Master of law, Lord Lyonel." She said. "My Lord husband says that no king has even been able to tame the Stepstones. It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages." One of the women says as we finally walk into the small circle. "Perhaps the Princesses...can give us some insight." Lady Ceira says and my eyes widen as Rhaenyra and I glanced at each other before stepping forward.

"I'm not sure how we could. We never been to the Stepstones." Rhaenyra says and I nodded along feeling anxious under all the stares. "You dear uncle is the great mind behind the war. Is he not?" She asked before looking at me. "And your father supplies him with ships and men. Or am I wrong?" She asked and my false smile begins to fade. "I wouldn't know. Men don't explain their battles to women." I said and a light laugh filled the room from some of the ladies. "And I haven't spoken to Daemon in years." The Princess says and I looked down at my feet feeling guilty for send and receiving letters from Daemon.

"Since you supplanted him as heir." She said and I scoffed. "Daemon made his choices, lady Ceira. The Princess was more suited for the role."Alicent said defending the Princess and I smiled at her which she returned. "He's made a mess and they must put an end to it. Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good." She said. "But The Crown is not at war." Rhaenyra said. "The Crown..is at war, Princess. Though your father refuses to admit it, we've been dragged into it and by your uncle and The Sea Snake." Lady Redwyne said. "And how have you served the realm of late, Lady Redwyne, by eating cake?" Rhaenyra asked and I laugh lightly as the ladies that surround us became quiet.

"If you would like to serve the realm, you would have to actually fit into your armor, my lady." I said and smirked at their shocked face but Rhaenyra and Alicent smiled at me. I was the first to turn around to leave and Rhaenyra was right behind me. We walked down the dirt path passing knights and the servant who were cooking the food. I catch a familiar eye from across the path and I smile shyly once I see it's Ser Harwin. "Rhaenyra I'll be back." I said and she nodded to me and smiled teasingly when she sees who I was going to. "Don't be long, your meant to be mines for the day." She said and I laughed as I shake my head. "I would not dream of anything else, my sweet." I replied and I see her blush before I turn around and make my way towards Ser Strong.

He was handsome indeed and even though to many people thought him intimidating, and the nickname "Break Bones" was surely the reason. I thought differently, he's been protecting my door for months now and I have found his company enjoyable. He was funny and kind hearted and under all the toughness he was a good and honest man. "Princess, it is nice to see you again." He says with a smile on his full pink lips. "You mean other than this morning?" I asked and he chuckles and nods his head. This morning I begged Ser Harwin to let me out of his sight so I could run off and hide with Rhaenyra as her father celebrated Aegon. "It's nice all the same, Princess." He said and I blushed under his stare. I looked over my shoulder and find Rhaenyra not standing where I had once left her.

"Did you happen to see where the Princess Rhaenyra just went?" I asked still looking over my shoulder. "No, she probably went back into the tent. Are your okay, your Grace." He asked and look at me and I smile squeamishly before nodding. "It's just sometime the Princess's emotions seem to overwhelm me." I said getting a knowing feeling in my chest and he looks down at my hands and his eyes widen slightly. "I can see how that could be difficult." He said and I look down at my own hands and see that they were balled up into a fist, I winced as I opened up my hands and pulled my own nails from my skin.

"Seven hells." I said and he walks to me and take my hands in his, I couldn't help but smile at his concerned look on his face as he rubs the palm of my hands. "You should get this wrapped up immediately, my Princess." He said and I blushed as he look up from my hands. "I do this often, It's nothing to be worry about." I said liking the sweet side of Harwin Strong. It was only when the Princess voice calls my name from behind me, we pulled away.

Rhaenyra looked like she was on the verge of a rampages before I start walking to her. "I'm leaving, will you be coming with me or not?" She asked angrily but I know it wasn't anything I did. "Why do you ask me such silly question, Rhaenyra. Of course I'm coming with you." I said and she smiled to the best of her ability before we both rushed to the horses and take off as fast as the horses could go. I held onto Lora and followed behind the Princess. "Princess!" Ser Cole shouted before he rushes to run after us.

TIKTOK: mywattpadworld11