8

~The Rogue Prince~

~The Rogue Prince~

I held tight to Rhaenyra as we flew through the air on Syrax. This is the second time I've been on Syrax and this time was scarier then the last time. I didn't take Daeraxes because she would make too much racket, he's a big and grumpy boy. "Hold on." Rhaenyra shouts before we start going up. I held onto Rhaenyra as we broke through the clouds and flew above both Otto and Daemon and all their men. I knew I would be in a lot a trouble with Otto after this but there was no way I was letting Rhaenyra do this alone.

We fly around them, I even seen Daemon dragon Caraxes on the side of Dragonstone castle. Syrax landed on the bridge behind Otto and the Knights. "Are you ready?" She asked me but keep her eyes on her uncle. "Always, my love." I said before we both climbed down Syrax. We walked side by side with our head held high as we pass through Otto and his knights. "What are you two doing here, Princess." Otto asked. "Preventing bloodshed." She said. "Ser Criston please escort both of the Princesses to safety." He said I roll my eyes. "Take care not to startle Syrax, my lords. She's rather protective of us." The Princess says and I smirked as we continue towards Daemon and his whore.

"My father named me Princess of Dragonstone. That is my castle you're living in, uncle." Rhaenyra says in high valyrian. "Not until you come of age." Daemon says and scoffed making him look at me. "You have angered your king." I said and he looks at me. "I don't see why?" He says before looking down at Rhaenyra. "This is a day of celebration. I am to be wed." He said. "You already have a wife." The Princess says. "Not one of my choosing." He says looking down at us. "And this required you to steal my brother's egg?" She asked.

"You both shared your cradles with a dragon when you were born. I want the same for my child." He said. The thought of him have a child with this woman oddly filled me with jealously. "You are to have a child?" Rhaenyra and I asked at once. He looked back at Mysaria before looking down at the two of us. "One day." He said and Mysaria turned around and walked back towards the castle, I'm guessing she didn't like his answer. "I'm right here, uncle, the object of your ire, the reason why you were disinherited. If you wish to be restored as heir, you'll need to kill me." Rhaenyra says my eyes widen.

"So do it. And be done with all this bother." She said and he stares her down. "Or you can give back what you stole and go about your day." I said with a smile gaining his attention. Our eyes locked like they had once before, another pair of eyes to leave me stuck. He turned from us and walks away before tossing me the egg. I sighed in relief feeling the egg in my hands before I gently put it in the Princess Rhaenyra hands. She smiled as we walked back towards Otto. Rhaenyra handed the egg back to the Dragonkeepers before we walked back to Syrax without giving Otto a second look.

-

When we got back to Kings landing , the king ordered the knights to escort both Rhaenyra and I to Viserys chambers. Once we walked in and the door was closed behind us Viserys walk towards us. "Your Grace." We both said at once. "You disobeyed me." I cringe at his anger voice. "You two fled King's Landing without a word and you acted without The Crown's leave. You are my only heir." The kings says grabbing his daughter shoulders before looked at me. "And you to your father. Do you know what would have happened if you had died under my watch?" He said and I nodded feeling more guilty by the second.

He sighed before walk over to me. "You are like a second daughter to me, I do not wish to see you hurt." He said and I smiled up at him. "I know. I apologize for worrying you but if we didn't go things would have turned out bloodier then you attended. Rhaenyra made sure no unnecessary blood was shed, I think you should be proud." I said and he nodded before looking at his daughter. She smiled at me slightly before the king looks down at me.

"Thank you for standing by my daughter, Aenora. Even when she's getting herself into trouble." He said and nodded. "Always, your Grace." I said before he dismisses me to my room. "Now you should get back to your chambers, I expect you to stay out of trouble for the rest of the night." He said and I nodded gratefully before I left Rhaenyra with her father. I walked out the Kings chamber and Ser Harwin stood waiting for me with a smug smile. "Have fun on your adventure, Princess?" He asked and I glared at him but a smile still played on my lips.

"Yes, but you must keep that between us. A Princess shouldn't be proud of her so called mistakes." I said as my mother word once again fall for my lips. He chuckles slightly as I wrapped my arm around his and it takes him by surprise but nonetheless he laid his hand softly on mine before we began to walk from the kings door. "I won't say a word, my Princess." He says and I smiled shyly up at him as he leads my to my chamber, where I intend on hiding for the rest of the night from The hand and his disappointment lectures.

-

Early in the morrow the King called a Council meeting to make an announcement. I'm certain it's about the King's marriage plans, people have been wondering and gossiping since he met with lord Corlys daughter. I smiled at the sight of Alicent but wonder what she was doing here. "I have decided to take a new wife." The King says and I look to Rhaenyra who stared blankly ahead. I gently take her hand in mines and rub circles around her hand.

Viserys looks at her daughter and she gives him an approving smile and nod. "I intend to marry." The king pauses before looking at Alicent. My eyes widen at this attention and I looked to the Princess who was already looking at Alicent, who only looked back at us with guilt filling her eyes. "The lady Alicent Hightower before springs end." The king said and I scoffed at the smug smile on Otto's lips. I couldn't even bring myself to look at my dearest friend in the eye.

"This is an absurdity. My house is Valyrian, the greatest power in the realm." Corlys said standing up from the table. "And I am your king." Viserys says standing by his decision. Lord Corlys glares at both the King and his Hand before exiting the room without another word. Rhaenyra stared sadly at Alicent, her eyes filling with tears as she squeezes my hand in hers. "Rhaenyra." The king says and the Princess turns around and walks out as well. "Aenora." Alicent calls my name and I shake my head before following behind my Princess trying to reach her.

"Rhaenyra." I call out for her but she doesn't slow down a bit. "I want to be alone, Nora." She says over her shoulder and I sighed and I stopped walking after her. I watched sadly as she continued to walk further away and eventually out of my sight. "Aenora..." Alicent voices surprises me from behind making me turn to her. "How could you?" I asked and she shook her head with tears in her eyes. "I did not have a choice. I'm only doing what my father has asked of me." She said stepping forward and taking my hand in hers but I pull away slightly.

"How long have you known you would be likely to marry the king?" I asked with little emotion. She looked down at her hands and began to fiddle. "Soon after Aemma passing my father asked me to go to his chamber to give him comfort...and I did." She said slowly looking up at me and I shake my head. "All this time we spent comforting Rhaenyra and easing her worries on her father replacing her mother, you were also worming your way into his bed! I would not blame her if she never forgave you." I said and she cried softly and taking my hand in hers once more. "I'm only doing what I have too. I don't want to lose her or you but what am I to do?" She asked and I shrugged.

"There is nothing you can do now. You've already made your choice." I said before turn around and walking away. "Please, Nora don't leave me." She said and I feel my stomach doing flips. "I know your heart lies with Rhaenyra but I love you too." She said and her voice barely above a whispered but I heard her every word and the anger I once held melted away and I look at her one last time. I couldn't form the words to tell her I also loved her too, in this moment it felt wrong to say such a thing. She has been my friend just as long as Rhaenyra so it's obviously i love her too but knowing she lied to me was too upsetting. "She will forgive you in time. So will I." I said kissing her cheek before I turned and walked away leaving the beautiful Hightower with her thoughts.

TIKTOK: mywattpadworld11