14

~King of the Narrow Sea~

Once the princess and I rushed back to the castle, we found ourselves following the crowd into the throne room. "Don't worry, he won't be mad forever." I said and she gave me a looked and I smiled squeamishly before our hands separate and I hold my hands together behind my back. "Easy for you to say." She said and I bit my bottom lip, holding back a laugh. King Viserys spots us as soon as we stepped from the last stair. Anger and confusion was written all over the kings face and the princess and i glanced at on another nervously. "It's Daemon." I hear a young lady whispering from behind us.

The sound of the doors opening made everyone in the room turned to the door. I smile slightly beside the princess as we wait for Daemon to make a full appearance. When he does I take the necklace he gave me in between my fingers, immediately taking him in. His once long white hair was now cut short and resting beneath a made crown and two swords in both of his hands. When he walks pass us making his way to his brother, the Princess nudges me and nods her head telling me to follow her.

We walked carefully through the crowd and my hand leaving my necklace as I watched him carefully. The princess seemed to be doing the same, watching his every movement as we make our way through the crowd. When Daemon was walked up to the throne, he was stopped from getting to close by a kingsguard. Daemon pushed his chest to the sword that brung distance between him and his brother with amusement at the hostility. He looked at his brother before lifting one of the swords in the air. "Add it to the chair." He said dropping the metal from his hand and I smirked slightly as the crowd starts to whisper to one another.

"You wear a crown." He said with an unassuming smile. "Do you also call yourself King?"He asked. "Once we smashed the Triarchy, they named me "King of the Narrow Sea." He said and once again the whispers filled the room. "But I know that there is only one true king, Your Grace." Daemon says before taking a knee and I take my bottom lip in between my teeth as I looked up at the king for his response. "My crown and the Stepstones... are yours." He said taking the crown from his head. "Well, where is Lord Corlys?" Viserys asked his brother. "He sailed home to Driftmark." Daemon says.

"Who holds the Stepstones?" The king asked. "The tides..the crabs, and 2,000 dead Triarchy corsairs, staked to the sand to warn those who might follow." He said to his eldest brother. Viserys looked in deep thought before he starts to walk down the stairs of the throne. Daemon handed him the crown and the king seemed a little conflicted when he hands over the made crown to one of his knights. "Rise." Viserys says before soon pulling his little brother into a hug and making the crowed clap around them. Rhaenyra and I glanced happily at each other before clapping ourselves. "The realm owes you a great debt, brother. Come." The king said and leads the prince out of the room.

-

The small celebration took place outside and I was eating lemon pieces with the Princess as we made clear of the King Viserys and his Lady wife. I know she was nervous to actually speak to him so I took her to the food table that was hidden in a slight corner. I was currently smiling down at Rhaenyra as she fed me a lemon. "Thank you." I said giggled softly as I whipped the corner of my mouth. "It seems we might have ate all the lemon pieces off the cakes." She giggled into her hand and I smiled as one lonely lemon sat on the cake. I laughed at how visible it is to tell we were picking at the lemons. "Hopefully we can keep our hands if anyone finds out it was us." I said and she smiled at me before it slowly vanished.