13

*A month later*~King of the Narrow Sea~

*A month later*
~King of the Narrow Sea~

"...The wall Blackhaven are unscalable vassalstone. And the castle is surrounded by deep, dry moat." Lord Dondarrion said rambling his stories as I sighed deeply as I played with the rings on my fingers. Rhaenyra and I sat next to each other and let the list of men talk our ears off. Ser Cristion and Ser Harwin cringes as Lord Dondarrion stumbled over his words.

Both knights were assigned to the Princess and I for protection while we are on our journey but unfortunately they wouldn't be able to protect us from this boredom. "It is well fortified against any future Dornish incursions. And though my seat may be lesser in size, it is situated most pleasingly." He grumbled before he cleared his throat and walked to the small table in the room to get some water. I looked at him sipping his water in disbelief and frustration, this man is old enough to be my grandsire.

Rhaenyra and I shared an amused glance with each other as he finally put his goblet down and slowly walked his way back to the middle of the room. "The view across the Marches is inspiring, so said Queen Alysanne herself when she honored my father and I-." He continued but was cut off by the Princess Rhaenyra. "And tell me, Lord Dondarrion, do you think my great-grandmother as beautiful as they say?" She asked and I bit my bottom lip restraining myself from laughing. "This was half a century ago, Princess." He said and I nodded. "Yes, it was." I smiled and the room fills with laughter.

"That was unseemly, Princess." Lord Baratheon said from his seat beside me and I shrugged with a smug smirk on my face. "The man is older than my father. It's unseemly for him to put himself forward as a contender for my hand." Rhaenyra said and i carefully link our pinky finger together as our dressing covered our joined hands. Lord Baratheon sighed at the Princess words before facing forward. "Next!" He says and my jaw drops as the next contender stepped up. When I hear the soft chuckle of Harwin, I looked up at him and glared but that seemed to amuse him more.

"And now a child." Rhaenyra said in disbelief as the young man bowed. "This cannot possibly get any worse." I say to Rhaenyra. "The Blackwoods are an ancient house with a formidable army. In the Riverlands, they once ruled as kings. The blood of the first men still flows in their veins. Go on." He said. "My Princesses... ours is a blood that has long endured, since Lucas Blackwood, the grandsire of my grandsire, aided the Dragon in his war of conquest-." The little lord said but was only interrupted. "Aye, the Blackwoods truly turned the tide on that one." Jerrel Bracken says earring a few laughs.

"Coursed with the blood of the first men, our history is deeply rooted in this land, which each of your houses has made its home. If chosen as either of your match, Princesses...your days shall be easy and nights safe under my protection." He said and I smiled not being able to take the young man seriously but I admired his courage. "Protection"? The Princess has a dragon, you dumb cunt." Jerrel said gaining another laugh and this time from the Princess and myself. "Bracken!" The man next to him warned and Rhaenyra giggled. "I could learn to like that one." She says.