7

~The Rogue Prince~

~The Rogue Prince~

I was woken by movement in my arms and smiled when i remembered who that certain something was. I opened my eyes and was meet with a pair of beautiful blue ones. "Good Morrow, Aenora." The Princess says smiling down at me. "Good morrow indeed, Princess." I said with a smile of my own. "Did you sleep well?" She asked and I nodded my head. "I feel like I should be asking you the same." I said. "I hadn't slept so good in days." She says and I pushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Your always welcome to come here anytime, Princess." I said and she smiled down at me.

"I did not want to wake you but I would feel bad if I just left without you knowing." She said as she ran her fingers through my hair. "Well I'm glad you did." I said and she looked down at me and like last night I found myself all flustered. "I'll see you soon?" She asked sliding off my bed and I watched her with in a new light and I don't know what to make of it all. "Leaving so soon?" I asked reaching for her hand.

"I must go before someone notices." She said and I groaned. "Fine. If you must." I said and she smiled before kissing my cheek. "I will see you as soon as I'm dressed." She said. "Of course, Princess." I said smiling and she makes her way back to the door. I yawned before flopping back down onto my bed with a fuzzy feeling in my belly. It wasn't long before my peace was soon interrupted by my handmaide, Rosa. "Good Morning , your Grace." She said and I sit up once again as Rosa stood at the end of my bed. "Good morning ." I smiled kindly.

"Should I get your bath ready, your Grace?" She asked and I nodded my head. "Yes, thank you, Rosa. But before you go could you send this letter for me?" I asked her and she raised an eyebrow and slowly nodded. "Is that for your mother, your Grace?" She asked as I stood from my bed and retrieved the letter from my book that was in the nightstand. "No, it's too the Prince Daemon. It's just my apologies." I smile softly. "Of course your Grace. Right away." She said before exiting my chambers. I took a deep breath to clam my nerves before I begin getting ready for the day ahead.

-

I had gotten ready for the day before meeting Rhaenyra at her chambers. As we walked through the halls of the castle, the Princess tells me she found out the Corlys and the Princess Rhaenys has offered their daughter Laena Velaryon to be the next wife of King Viserys. I was repulsed at the idea of that, the girl hasn't even reached maturity. Then later that day we were informed by Alicent herself that her father was calling a emergency meeting with the council.

Rhaenyra was quick to take me along with her to the meeting. We walked into the room and the men were already seated. "It occurred in the black of night, my lords, during the hour of the Bat. The thief eluded our pursuits." The Dragonkeeper says in valyrian to the king. "How is it possible that a dragon's egg was stolen out from the beneath more than fifty Dragonkeerpers?" The king asked annoyed.

"It was Prince Daemon who was the culprit, your Grace..." He says and grow stiff at the name before looking at Rhaenyra. She looked just as shocked about this information. "Daemon." The kings says. "The prince left a missive, which I believe might explain." The Hand to the King says. The maester across the table opened up a letter from Daemon I'm sure. "It is the pleasure of Daemon Targaryen, the prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne, to announce that he is to take a second wife in the tradition of the Old Valyria." The master reads.

I anxiously rubbed over the Princess's knuckles as she squeezed my hand in hers. "She is to assume the title Lady Mysaria of Dragonstone. Her Grace is with child and is to have a dragon's egg placed in the babe's cradle in the customs of House Targaryen." He said. "The Prince has invited you to his wedding, your Grace. It is in two days time." He says. "Who is Lady Mysaria?" Lord Corlys asked the room. "-Daemon whore." Otto says and the room goes silent and everyone looks at him.

"This is nothing less than sedition ." He said. "I strongly agree, sire." Lord Lyonel says. "My brother wishes to provoke me. To answer is to give him what he wants." The king says. "The realms is watching, your Grace." Corlys says. "What would you have me do? Send him to the wall? Perhaps I could put his head in a spike." He says. "Daemon had seized Dragonstone, has surrounded himself with an army of gold cloaks, and has now stolen a dangerous weapon." Corlys argues and I start to wonder what egg could he have stolen to cause such chaos.

"Which egg did Daemon take?" Rhaenyra asked so quietly, barley anyone in the room could hear her but me since I was right next to her. All their heads turned and the Princess straightened up before speaking again. "Which egg did Daemon take?" She asked with more power in her voice. He sadly looked down and my heart dropped before he even answered. "The egg was Dreamfyre's, Princess. The same that you and Princess Aenora chose for Prince Baelon's cradle." He said and my eyes widen as the pit in my stomach grew.

"Assemble a detachment, Otto." King Viserys says looking over at Rhaenyra and I. "I will go to Dragonstone and drag Daemon back to face justice myself." He said stumping towards the doors. "Your Grace." Otto says stopping Viserys in his tracks. "My apologies, your Grace, but I can not allow it. It's too dangerous. Daemon is without limit. Let me go to Dragonstone." He said and the King agrees. I looked at Rhaenyra and she turns to me with determination burning in her eyes. "We're going to Dragonstone aren't we?" I asked quietly and she smirked softly.

TIKTOK: mywattpadworld11