12

~Second of his name~

After yesterday events and the long awkward trip back, Rhaenyra insisted I stay in her room tonight and of course I was too weak to deny her request. When we finally got back to the castle, the king left the carriage without sparing Rhaenyra or I a second look. Alicent sighed sadly as the Princess avoided eye contact before she stood up and followed behind the king. "Are you sure, you're all right?" I asked squeezing her hand that was sitting comfortably in mines. "Yes. I will be." She said and I smiled softly before we stood up ourselves.

Once I stepped foot out the carriage I was met with my handmade, Rosa. "Your Grace." She said bowing her head and I smiled kindly as Rhaenyra then stepped out of the carriage. "Rosa, did you miss me?" I asked and she smiled shyly but nodded nonetheless. Rhaenyra stands by my side and Rosa straighten up at the sight. "Your Grace." Rosa says and Rhaenyra smiles politely. "Rosa, how was your days while your Princess Aenora was away?" She asked and Rosa shrugged lightly.

"It was good, Your Grace. It wasn't much to do in your absence." She said. "I bet a day without your Princess nagging you was more then good." The Princess says and I laughed lightly as I nudged her. "Stop trying to poison her against me." I said and both girls giggled softly as we begin to walk into the castle. Rhaenyra and I linked arms as we made our way to her chambers with Rosa trailing behind us. I hadn't known why Rosa was following since I would not be needing her help tonight but I wouldn't get around to asking her because I admiring Rhaenyra who held on tightly to me.

When we see her chamber doors Rhaenyra sighed in relief. "Oh, I miss my bed." She said and I nodded at her statement. "Me and you both." I said and Rosa made her way in front of us and opening the Princess's door for the both of us. "Thank you kindly, Rosa." Rhaenyra says stepping into her room first and as I made my way in I was stopped by Rosa. "There's something I am to give you. I wasn't sure if you wanted the Princess to know." She said as she dug into her pocket before pulling out a wrinkled up letter. "Is this from.." I asked implying to the Prince and she nodded.

I looked behind my shoulder as the Princess flopped down onto her bed. "It came yesterday. I held it till your arrival, your Grace." She said and I smiled at her gratefully. "Thank you, Rosa. I will not forget your kindness." I said and she bowed with a kind smile of her own. "It was a pleasure, Your Grace." She said before walking passed me and I stepped into the Princess room and closed the door behind me. I looked down at the letter in my hand as I walk towards the Princess. "What is that?" She asked. "A letter...from Daemon." I said and she eyes widen slightly. "Why would he be writing you?" She asked sitting up from her bed.

I glanced nervously at the letter then back at her, I haven't told her yet and she looks saddened already. "Because I wrote him first." I said and my stomach fell as tears filled her eyes. "I see...you wish to be with my uncle." She said and her voice sounding more aggressive then hurt and I was kind of taken back. "Rhaenyra, it wasn't quite like that." I said shaking my head and she crossed her arms. I couldn't deny that I was becoming a little attracted to him but that was nothing compared to what I thought of Rhaenyra. "Then what is it like? Are you just going to abandon me like Alicent once she married my father?" She said and my eyes widen.