36

*Six years later *~ The Lord of the Tides ~

*Six years later *
~ The Lord of the Tides ~

I woke up in between my husband and wife this morning and smiled feeling their arms around me. I laid my hand on Rhaenyra growing belly and think about how the last six years have been amazing. There's been a few downs but nothing major at least not yet, I'm not letting my guard down. In those six wonderful years my parents were able to forgive me for running off with my lovers when I gave them the new of my pregnancy, I've had my twins Rhaenora and Vhanerys. They've both four years old now and just as beautiful as they day I first laid eyes on them. They haven't grown much personality yet but they both are my quietest babies, my first three cried every time I put them down.

I yawned before sitting upright and stretching my arms out as Daemon and Rhaenyra's arms fell to my lap. I smiled brightly when I feel both of them trying to pull me back down but I didn't budge. Over the years I realized how similar and different my two lovers are but one of their many similarities is how they show me they love me, it's a lot of physical affection. I've been the middle spoon since the day we got married but of course I don't mind a bit. "Rise and shine, lovers." I said rubbing their arms as they rested on my lap, Rhaenyra didn't move but Daemon squeezed my thigh in response without even opening his eyes.

"Nyra, i know you aren't asleep anymore."I whispered in a teasing tone and I run my fingers up her arms, knowing shes ticklish and making her smile. "Stop that." She muttered and opened those precious eyes of hers before pulling me down and tightening her hold on me. "The children should be up soon." I said as Daemon moved closer and tightened his grip as well making me laugh slightly. "The two of you begged me to wake you this morning and yet it has become a useless task." I said and Rhaenyra giggled from beside me before kissing my cheek.

"I'm pregnant so I get a pass." She said and I rolled my eyes playfully before turning my head to the side towards a half awake Daemon. "And what's your excuse." I asked as his laid on my shoulder. "I have no excuse do with me as you will." Rhaenyra and I giggled at his dramatic response and the flopping of his arms. "I would but you have eggs to grab." I said kissing his forehead and he grinned. "How could I forget." He said finally opening up his eyes and reaching over to touch Rhaenyra's belly.

Daemon unwrapped his arms from me and finally gets out of the bed. "And where are your going?" Rhaneyra pouted at me as I tried to sit back up. "Jaehaerys wants me to help him with his High Valyrian." I said and she groan while I smiled down at her. "If you hurry down..." I paused as I kissed her forehead. "...I'll get you lemon cakes." I said before kissing her lips and she giggled against my lips before I pulled away and rolled out of bed. "You know me so well." Rhaenyra said as she watched me walk across the room.

-

"The Conqueror and his sisters sailed with a great army." Jacaerys hastily translating the  high valyrian. We weren't the only two in the room my Baelon was also here and the twins and Joffrey sat on the floor playing with the handmaiden and the maester helping me teach Jacaerys. I smiled proudly at him before turning my attention to the opening door and it was Rhaenyra walking down the stairs. "And landed at the Blackwater Rush." He said and I counted on as Rhaenyra made her way to me. "At the end?" He asked his mother after she corrected him. "The mouth." She said and he groaned.

"Mouth! Come on, Jace you knew that." He muttered to himself as Baelon stood there trying to help him get the words right. "I was promised lemon cakes." She whispered trying not to interrupt the maester as he talked and I smiled at her. "And I always keep my promise." I said pecking her lips quickly. "The cook is making them now." I said as she smiled and took my hand in hers. "Thank you, my light." She says playing with the rings on my fingers and kissing my cheek. "Come on, you know this, brother." Baelon said getting my attention when Jace seemed to be stuck.

"Come on, Jace." He muttered to himself frustrated. "Perhaps that's enough for this morning." I suggested. "No, no, I want to keep going." He says before turning to the maester. "Maester." He adds and they continue. "Ageon...ordered that the trees should ... killed." He said excited about his answer but we all sighed. "Felled. It is a related word, love." I said and he groans as his arm fell to his side. "Don't worry, I'll help you study as long as it takes." Baelon said shaking Jacaerys shoulder to make him smile which he did slightly. "I don't expect you to learn High Valyrian in a day, Jace." Rhaenyra said and i nodded agreement.

"A king should honor the traditions of his forbears." Jacaerys said turning towards his mother and i. "Well... unless you're planning to depose your own mother, you have plenty of time to study." She said with a soft smile and Jace nodded. The door opened again and I turned my head seeing Daemon entering the room. "Leave us." Rhaneyra said. "Joffrey...come."Jace said. "You too, little ones." Baelon said before picking up the twins in his arms. "And make sure your sister and brother haven't killed each other, please." I said to my eldest and he nods before I waved bye to the twins as they both waved back and exited the room with everyone else.

I walked to Daemon meeting him halfway and wrapped my hands around his torso as he kissed my forehead before handing Rhaenyra a letter. I pulled from him and turned around curious on what it says and Daemon wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me. I started to worry when Rhaenyra frowned as she's reading. "He means to call into question Luke's legitimacy." She said looking up and I grabbed the piece of paper, Vaemond Velaryon is making his move for his brother seat. "I'm not surprised." I sighed. "And by extension Jace, and by extension my own claim to the throne." She said and I grabbed both of her hands.

"Vaemond cares only about Diftmark and the Velaryon line. Not about our politics." He said. "But the Hightowers might." I said. "Has he made common cause with Otto Hightower yet?" Daemon asked as he rested his chin on the top of my head, reminding me how short I am. "That is what I fear. Rhaenys has flown to court. Surely, she cannot be planning to back him." She said and I sighed letting her hands slip from my and running fingers through my hair. "I knew not telling them would bite us in the ass eventually." I said referring to Laenor being alive and pulling from Daemon to face him. "No. Whatever disagreements we may have had, she's not cruel...or stupid enough to do that." He said.

"Disagreements? She believes we had her son killed so that we might marry." Rhaenyra said. "Yes...and yet, she's taken Daenyra and Baela to ward." He said. "Yes. It is Laena's memory she honors. She has no love for us." Rhaneyra said. "Has the vipers' venom spread so far?" He asked with a grin as he reached over to her and pushing her hair back. "Those vipers rule in my father's name. And my father-." she pauses and shakes her head. "What choice do I have?" She said sadly and Daemon sighed before laying his hand on her belly and grabbing my hand with his other. "To King's Landing, then." He said and we nodded lightly.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11