28

~ The Princess and The Queen ~

"Let him be bathed with a cloth, and see to it the cook gives you a good, clear wine to drink." Rhaenyra said to the Rosa, my dear friend and handmaiden with babe Joffrey in her arms. I was sitting on my knees in front Rhaenyra, with both my arms resting on each side of her legs. I love little Joffrey with my whole being and watching his ever cute little move with Nyra has started to become a hobby of sorts. The door opens and the queens maid walked into the room nervously. "Princess...Princess." She said greeting the both of us and gaining Rhaenyra attention. "There's been an incident in the yard." She said and I stand up now feeling worried.

She told us what happened with Ser Criston and our sons but more importantly what happened with my husband. Seems he finally got his hands on Ser Cole and this would be great news but Harwin was sticking up for Rhaenyra's children. He responded to rumors in a violent manner which will only make the rumors grow and spread. Rhaenyra put Joffrey in Rosa's care while her and I snuck through the hidden pathways to get to Harwin. She opened up the passage door and we both quickly walked down the stairs after I closed the door behind us and taking Rhaneyra hand as she lead the way.

"Everything is going to be okay, my love." I whispered feeling her anxiety. "How do you know?" She whispered back as we walked through spiderwebs. "Because I just do. And if not, I will protect you." I say squeezing her hand making her smile at me over her shoulder as a response. "It fills me with unrelenting shame." We hear Lyonel voice making up slow down a bit. "So that's what this is about then? Your shame?" Harwin voice comes in. "Our shame, Hawrin!" Lyonel shouts making the both of us jump slightly and squeeze each other hands:

"Shame on the whole of House Strong. Shame on the House Pendragon, your wife's family House!" He said in frustration. "Because I laid my hands on that insufferable Cole, the son of a steward?" Harwin asked annoyed. "He is the Knight of the Kingsguard now, a defender of the crown." Lyonel said and I rolled my eyes. After what Ser Cole did to Joffrey that night he should have been shipped off or killed in my opinion. "And I am to be a King!"Harwin fought back and I smirked. I never heard him say that with such confidence before, it's hot. "He assailed Prince Jacaerys, the future heir to the throne." Harwin said and then both of their yells seems to clash together.

Rhaenyra and I carefully peaked around the corner and I see Lyonel walk to his desk in a grumble while my Harwin looked out of the opening towards us. When we seen Lyonel turn around to face Harwin we ducked back against the wall. "You have laid us open to accusations of an uglier treachery." Lyonel says. "And what treachery is that?" Harwin asked. "Don't play the fool with me, boy. Your intimacy with the Princess Rhaenyra is a offense that would mean exile and death...for you, for her, for the children! Gods sake think of the woman you married and the three beautiful children you already have with her." Lyonel said and I sighed laying my head on Rhaenyra shoulder making her lean into me.

"It is rumor only...spun by the Princess's rivals." He said now speaking calmly. "People have eyes, boy. Yet His Grace the King, it seems will not accept what his eyes see. This flimsy shield alone stands between you and the headsman. The willful blindness of a father towards his child." Lyonel says. "I wish my father affected a similar blindness." Harwin says. "Have I not these many years? And yet today, you publicly assaulted a Knight of the Kingsguard in the defense of your-." Lyonel paused not being able to say it and Rhaenyra shakes her head as she starts to play with my rings. "you have your honor and I have mine." Harwin said before the room filled with tense silence.

-

I walked Rhaenyra back to her room where a maid was waiting with a hot cloth. "To ease the pain, Princess." She said and Rhaenyra smiled softly while I reached for the cloth in the girls hand. When I face Rhaenyra she opens her top and I laid the cloth across her sensitive skin, babies will do that to you. "Thank you." Rhaenyra said to her from over my shoulder. "You'll feel better in a day or two, when the milk dries up." She said and helped me sit Rhaenyra in a chair while I hear a drunken Laenor singing in the halls. My princess leans back in the and I take a seat on the arm of her chair as she could lean into me.

I kissed her head when she sighed angrily at her husband antics outside of the door. It was seconds before Laenor's and his new lover, Ser Qarl Correy stumbled into the door and laughing loudly. "Oh my dear wife." He said with slurred words and I rolled my eyes and I run my thumb over her knuckles. "Princess." Ser Qarl grumbled which made me turn my head towards them. "I fell down." He said and she turned her head away while I glared slightly at the two. "Where have you been?" She asked. "Out with Qarl. Didn't I mention it?" He asked.

"No you did not." I said knowing that when I walked in the door this morning he rushed out without a word. "Are you in very much pain? The milk...swells the breast-." Laenor stumbles and Rhaneyra cringes. "Would you mind, Qarl? I would like to speak with my husband." Rhaenyra said. "Of course, Princess." He said as I stand up and kiss her head. The maid and I make our way towards the door. "I will see you later, my light." Rhaenyra says and I smile at her. "Till then." I said and then smack Laenor over the head making him groan before I take the bottle out of his hand.

"Get your head out your ass." I say sternly before walking out of the room. I made it down the hallway to my chambers where my husband should be waiting. When I walked into the doors I see Harwin pacing around the room and mumbling angrily to himself. I sighed softly and laid Laenor's drink on the closes counter getting his attention. "My love. I thought you were with Rhaenyra." He said and i nodded. "I was but then I got news that my husband beat down a Kingsguard." I said and he sighs as I walked to him. "I know what your going to say so please just save it." He said and I smiled lightly.

"No you don't." I said as I stepped into his arms. "Yes I do. Your gonna says that I was an idiot and shouldn't have hit him publicly." He says mocking my voice and gripping my hips in his hand as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I don't sound like that." I said gently tapping the back of his head making him crake a smile. "You do too." He said and I smiled up at him before getting serious. "You are an idiot but not for hitting that cunt Cole or sticking up for your children." I said. "It's the way he pins the boys against the each other just because of his petty grudges. Aegon is much bigger then Jace...the way that boy was striking at my boy and his teacher backing him up- I couldn't watch." He says as I rubbed my thumb against his cheek.

"You have your honor and they have theirs." I said quoting what I overheard him say not too long ago. His eyebrows crinkled as he stares down at me in a bit of confusion. "Wait...you were there." He said adding the pieces together. "We both were and I want you to know that I will always stand by your side." I said and he smiles before laying his forehead against mine. "I've never doubted that, my Queen." He said softly as he kiss my lips lightly. "But Ser Cole is never training with our children again." I said and he chuckled and nodded. "Agreed." He said before pulling me into a loving kiss.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11