15

~King of the Narrow Sea~

After leaving Rhaenyra and Alicent alone to catch up I found myself now sitting in a tree and letting the sun hit my face, It's been quite peaceful up here. It was only when I heard footsteps walking my way, I decided to open my eyes and look down. I smiled at the sight of Daemon and the fact that he hadn't see me yet. I watched him take a deep breath before closing his eyes and tilting his head towards the sky. "It seem someone has missed home." I speak in valyrian making Daemon eyes snap open before he started to look around. I laughed lightly as he looked anywhere but up.

Hearing me laugh, Prince Daemon turned around and looked up right at me with a smile forming on his lips. "Yes, but it also seems I've been missed dearly." He says and I roll my eyes. "I doubt that entirely, my Prince." I said and he laughed shaking his head at me. Having enough of looking so far down at him, I began climbing down. I turn onto my belly and carefully leveled myself down, It was going smoothly but that didn't stop Daemon from grabbing my waist and settings me down onto the ground. "Thank you. But I had it completely under control." I said and he rolled his eyes with amusing smirk on his lips.

"I don't doubt it, Princess." He said. His eyes land on the necklace before he takes it between his fingers. "You say you don't miss me, but this still hangs from your neck." He said. "You sent this to me. Maybe it was you that missed me." I said with a amusing smile of my own. "And what if I have?" He asked letting my necklace slip through his fingers. "I could not blame you, I'm a wonderful woman I would miss me too." I said and he let out a chuckle before his eyes trailed behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and see the Princess Rhaenyra making her way to us with a small smile. "You seemed so content on Dragonstone. Why did you come back?" She asked standing by my side. "There's is surely more to your return than simply taunting my father." She said and he smirked down at her without a word before taking her necklace in his hand. He sends me a knowing looked before dropping the piece of steel from his grasp. "So...what do you want?" She asked him once again. "Only the comforts of home." He said before walking around us and leaving us a bit speechless. Rhaenyra grabbed my hand as we began to trail behind the handsome Prince to the food table .

"I had not thought you particularly comfortable in this home." Rhaenyra said as i slipped my hand from hers and took a seat on the bench. "Though I do suppose you seem changed by your adventures." She said and I nodded in agreement. "Maybe it's the short hair." I say and he smiled with his head still looking down at the food on the sliver platter. "More mature, perhaps." She said and I find our teasing amusing. He looked at the both of us before nodding his head. "You've both matured yourselves these last four years, Princess." He said and I smiled at the compliment and so did the Princess. "You'll both get used to the attention." He said.

"Don't worry about me, I love getting attention."I shrugged and they both chuckled lightly. "The attention I can endure. It's the rest I could do without. "The Princess says as one of the servants offered me a strawberry that I gladly took. "My father seems content to sell me off to whichever lord has the biggest castle." She said and I rolled my eyes. "It's not that bad, Nyra." I said and she looked at me. "Easy enough for you to say. You've been preparing to take your father's throne since you were born." She said and i nodded not having an argument because she was right. "There are worst things to be sold for." He said and she rolled her eyes. He walked around the table and sat next to me before kicking his feet up against the table.

I rolled my eyes before swatting at his legs and that seemed to amuse both him and the Princess but nonetheless he laid his feet to the ground. "Marriage is only a political arrangement. Once you are wed, you can do as you like." He said speaking in our old language once again. "For men marriage might be a political argument. For women it is like a death sentence." Rhaenyra said and i nod in agreement. "Would that it were. I would have been rid of my Bronze bitch ages ago." He said and my eyes widen slightly. "That's no way to speak of your lady wife." I said and he rolled his eye before handing his wine goblet to Rhaenyra's hands.

"Your wife has been fortunate. You haven't put a child in her." Rhaenyra smirked before putting the cup to her lips and I laughed. Deamon laughed as well and nodded his head in agreement. "I doubt a child could grow in such hostile environments." He said making her smile once again before she handed me the cup. "My mother was made to produce heirs until it killed her. I won't subject myself to the same fate." She said as I sat up and took her hand in mine while giving Daemon his wine back.

"What happened to your mom was a tragedy. But this is a tragic world." He said and I gave him a disapproving look. "Wow, that was so sentimental." I said and he smiled innocently before speaking up once more. "You cannot live your life in fear, or you will forsake the best part of it." He said. "I have no desire to live in fear. Only solitude." She said.  "Such a lonely prospect." He said and  i tugged on Rhaenyra arm making her look down at me. "You'll never be alone while I still breathe." I said and she nodded as she squeezed my hand lightly.

-

"The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few days, it seems we have traded a crabfeeder for a seasnake."Tyland Lannister said. Rhaenyra and I were now at a council meeting. "This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Alicent." He said and the king sighed. "Years have passed since the business of his daughter. Certainly, he cannot still be wroth?" The king said. "The Sea Snake is an over-proud man, to be sure, your Grace. That pride has been injured. Perhaps we can salve the wound?" The maester Mellos said. "I fear Lord Corlys's pride is the least of our worries." Lyman said making the Princess and I glanced at each.

"I don't wish to cause you further distress, your Grace."Otto says and I rolled my eyes. "I highly doubt that." I said and the king smiled slightly while The Hand ignored me continued. "But my brother has sent disturbing word for Oldtown. Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sealord of Braavos. He plans to wed his daughter Laena to the Sealord's son." He said and the room goes silent for a few seconds. The king looked like he was starting to regret ever pissing lord Corlys off. "If House Velaryon entered into an alliance with the Free Cities... then we would have to seek our own marriage pact." He said and my heart fell as I turned to Rhaenyra, who was already looking back at me. Our hand instantly intertwined underneath the table.

TIKTOK: mywattpadworld11