34

~Driftmark~

~Driftmark~

I stood from the sandy ground as I watch Rhaenyra and Daemon staring up at the sky. I walked over pulling my dress on my shoulders and looking up as well only to see Vhagar flying in the air. "Who is it?" I asked gaining their attention. Daemon muttered "I don't know" before we all rushed back to the castle. Once the three of us got inside, we were immediately informed that their was a incident with all our children. "Seven hells." I said as we walked through the doors and see our children. "Jace! Luke!" Rhaenyra calls out as I walked over to my kids who stood under Lord Corlys and Lady Rhaenys.

"Are you, okay? Tell me what happened." I said kneeling in front of all three of my beautiful children. They tell me they are okay as I checked over their little bodies and faces. "Who did this?" Rhaenyra asked her boys. "They attacked me!" Aemond shouted then all the kids began to shout. "He attacked Baela!" Jacaerys shouted. "And Rhaena too!" Baelon said and I glanced at Rhaenyra. "He broke Luke's nose!" Rhaena shout from under her grandmother as the bickering continued. My baby girl clung into with her arms around my legs as I finally stood. "He stole my mother's dragon!" Daenyra shouted.

"Enough." The King mutter weakly but it didn't stop the argument. "He was going to kill Jace!" Aenyra shouted and my eyes widened. "I didn't do anything!" Aemond said and I seem all the stitches across the poor boys eyes. "Enough!" The king shouted but again no one paid him any mind. "It should be my son telling tale!" Queen Alicent then calls outs. "Why should he? Your boy isn't the only one that was hurt." I said over the shouting. "He called us-!" Jace yells but the King had finally shouted over the noise. "Silence!" Viserys shouted making the room quiet down. "He called us bastards." Jacaerys whispered and rhaenyra looked at me. "It's true, we heard him say it." Jacael whispered to Rhaenyra before she stood from her knees.

"Stay behind me." I said as I pushed my children behind Rhaenyra and I. Daemon stood by the door overlooking all this chaos with an amusing expression. "Aemond...i will have the truth of what happened. Now." The king says as he walks to his son. "What else is there to hear? Your son has been maimed. Her daughter is responsible." The Queen said and though I was shocked by my daughter being the one to do it but I defended her nonetheless. "I teacher my children to always protect themselves and each other. Whatever your son did, my daughter felt threatened and defeated herself." I said and the King sighed as Queen Alicent scoffed. "It was a regrettable accident." Rhaenyra said.

"Accident? The Princess Aenyra brought a blade to the ambush. She meant to kill my son." She said and i laughed unamused. "Your mistaken, my little girl doesn't even own a blade and she wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone." I said holding Aenyra little hand in mine. "It was our children who were attacked and forced to defend themselves." Rhaenyra defended. "Vile insults were levied against my boys." Rhaenyra added and the King turns his head from his son. "What insults?" He asked and Rhaneyra holds her youngest son hands in her. "The legitimacy of my son's birth was put loudly into question." She said. "What?" He asked again.