30

~ The Princess and The Queen ~

-
*The handmaiden Rosa pov*
-

I walked down the hallway towards the Queen Alicent chambers after checking up on Princess Aenora children. I have grown a great relationship with the Princess over the years and I love her children like my own. I walked into the room and I see the Queen having dinner with Larys Strong oddly enough, they were both were quick to stop talking. "Rosa not now." She said and I nod and made a quick exit. I stopped once I close the door and I should keep walking but I got a feeling whatever those two are speaking about, it's no good. I looked down the halls making sure no one would see me before I leaned my ear to the door. "It's a willful blindness, the king." Larys said and I knew I made a good choice to be overly nosy today.

"I mean, you'd surely suffer the same affliction if it came to it." He says and I guessing their talking about the Princess Rhaenyra and her children. "I would not." She said in a defensive tone. "Ser Harwin is to escort Lord Lyonel back to Harrenhal whilst he continues to serve as hand." The Queen Alicent said and hearing Harwin's name made me nervous. "But the Hand is compromised by the acts of his son. My father cannot give unbiased consent to the King." Larys said. "It is now that I most rue the absence of my own father. He wouldn't hesitate to speak the truth to the King. If Otto Hightower were still Hand-." The Queen rambles off.

"You cannot say, my Queen, that your father would be impartial in this matter." Larys says cutting her rambles short. "No, but he would be partial to me!" She snapped making me jump a little and checking my surroundings. Neither of them are saying anything to bad but I still feel like this conversation is going to lead to a horrible outcome. "In all of Kings Landing, is there no one to take my side?" She asked frustrated and then they both fall into silence. I tried to wait till they spoke again but I heard footsteps coming my way so I got myself together before walking out the corner like everything was normal.

I smiled at the two knights as we walked passed each other before letting out a breath I was holding. I'm not saying that the Queen is capable of doing cruel things to her old friends but anger can make sad people do horrific things. Neither of them said anything about hurting anyone but I can't shake this uneasy feeling in my gut. Larys Strong on the other hand is as heartless as he looks and acts, I wouldn't put anything pass him. My loyalty lies with the Princess Rhaenyra and my friend Princess Aenora so I plan to keep a good eye those two.

-
*The handmaiden Rosa pov ends*
-

Rhaenyra and I were letting Harwin say his goodbyes to the kids and they were rightfully upset. Even though thep boys don't ask, I know they've known that they are half brothers. Baelon protecting Jacaerys the other day only confirmed it for me. "Be good to your mothers, lads." Harwin said to the boys and I held on Aenyra my hip as Rhaenyra held onto Joffrey watching the boys say goodbye. "I'll be back as soon as I can. But that may be some time." Harwin said standing up from kneeling in front of the boys. Both Baelon and Jacael hugged their father but they knew they would see him sooner then their brothers so they were taking it better then Rhaenyra boys.

Harwin went to hug little Jace but he ran to his mother and clung onto her. "You know we will be back...we always come back." I said reaching down and rubbing his cheek making him look sadly at me. "Jace." Rhaneyra said pulling him under her arm and laying her hand in his hair. "I will return..." Harwin said as he stood in front of Jacaerys and lift his chin up. "I promise." He said and Jace nodded. I smiled sadly not knowing if he can keep that promise, Rhaenyra was holding back tears as she rocked Joffrey in her arms. I'm staying a couple more days before I head home because she doesn't want to be alone before she leaves for Dragonstone.

Harwin looked at Rhaenyra before stepping closer to her and I bite my bottom lip trying not to cry myself. He leaned down slowly and kissed babe Joffrey on the forehead and I looked away letting the tears fall, I want to believe he's coming back like he wants me to but this feeling is getting worse every second before he leaves. "I will be a stranger when we meet again." He says softly as Aenyra whips my tears making me smile and hugged her close. "Princess." He says before coming to me and kissing Aenyra who throws her little arms around his neck and laying small kisses on his cheek. "See you soon, babygirl." He smiled before resting his hand on my cheek.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be with you soon." He whispered against my lips before kissing me and whipping the fallen tears on my cheeks. "I love you." He smiled and I smiled as i nodded my head. "I love you." I said and he looked at us one more time before grabbing his things and leaving the room. Rhaenyra and I looked at each other sadly when Jacaerys runs out after him. I looked over at the boys and see both Baelon and Jacael comforting Luke as Rhaneyra went after her son. I walked to them and sat Aenyra on the floor with them before kneeling next to Luke.

"Do you trust me?" I asked lifting his small chin as he nodded. "Yes." He said. "Then don't be sad because I will make sure we are together again as soon as possible." I said and he smiles lightly before nodding his head again. When Rhaenyra and Luke walked back in the room I stood up and walk towards her as Jacaerys walked towards the boys. I cupped my Princess's face in my hands and whipped under her eyes. "Are you alright, my love?" I asked as she leaned into my touch. "I do not wish to see you leave so soon." She said and I smiled softly. "I know...but it's not forever." I said trying to convince her and myself as well.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11