37

~ The Lord of the Tides ~

It was a day's trips to Kings Landing and we got to the castle pretty early. Rhaenyra held my hand and laid her head on my shoulder as our carriage rode up the dirt path. I looked out the window when the carriage stopped, no one was out there but that seemed to be a relief. "All hail Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone and heir to the Iron Throne and her royal consorts, Prince Daemon Targaryen and Princess Aenora Pendragon." I helped Rhaneyra to her feet and let her be the first one to walk out.

Daemon and I followed her out and I smiled at the children when they walked out the second carriage. Lord Caswell walked out with Daemon takes my hand as he approached. "Welcome back, Princess." He said reaching for her hand and she smiles softly. "Lord Caswell." She said before we walked inside as the children went their separate way as planned. "Please, stay away from trouble this time around." I said looking directly at Aenyra and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry, I'm unarmed, mother." She said as she followed her brothers. "Come on, stop worrying." Daemon said tugging on my hand and following behind Rhaenyra. "I can't help it." I muttered to softly as I looked around at the religious changes of the castle. "I would say it's nice to be home, but I scarcely recognize it." Rhaenyra said staring at the star in the main hallway. We stood next to her and Daemon shakes his head before continuing up the steps as I grabbed Rhaenyra hand and pulled her along.

The three of us walked into the Kings Viserys room and my body tensed up when I see the condition of his room and how dusty his figurines were, Rhaneyra looked over at us with a concerned expression on her face. The guards closed the door behind us as they walked to Viserys' bedside and I followed closely behind them both. "Father?" She said pulling back the thin curtain as she walked to him and Daemon stopped before looking at the floor sadly. I pressed my chest to his back and wrapped my arms around his waist. "When your ready." I whispered and he leaned into my arm with a slight nod before he laid his hand over mine.

"Who goes there?" The king said bring heavy and I close my eyes and laid my head against Daemon back. "Father. It me, my King. Rhaenyra." She said and that's when Daemon pulled my hand from his chest and kissed it before walking forward and pulling me along. "I'm here with Daemon and Aenora." She says as she laid her hands over his, he looked so sick I nearly cried when I laid eyes on him. "Daemon? Aenora?" He said short of breath before repeating his younger brother again as we come closer to his bedside. "Help me up." He groaned and Rhaenyra helped him sit upright.

I walked over and fluffed up his pillow behind him so he could sit comfortably. "Thanks you." He said and kissed my hand and I smiled softly. "Of course, my King." I whispered and moved to stand at the of the bed so Daemon and Rhaenyra could be closer, it is their close kin after all. The king has always been a father figure and it hurts to see him like this I couldn't imagine what it's like for the both of them. "It been so long." Viserys says and Daemon looked down sadly not being able to look at his brother in the eyes. I rubbed my hand up his back as he sighed before finally speaking.

"The Sea Snake has taken a grave wound in the battle in the Stepstones." Daemon said and Rhaenyra shot him a look and I hit the back of his neck lightly making him glance at the both of us. "When? We won that war years ago."Viserys replied and I looked down at the king confused on his lack of memory. "No. The Triarchy is resurgent. The fighting is anew. There is a petition to decide upon the succession of Driftmark and the heir to the Diftmark Throne." He told his brother gently. "Petitions? Alicent and Otto... they see to all that business." Viserys said and I scoffed light.

"Of course." I said shaking my head. "No, brother, listen to me. You are to affirm your position for Lucerys to be Corlys Velaryon's successor." Daemon said leaning forward towards his brother and Rhaenyra sighed before grabbing his shoulder to make him hold off for second. The door opened behind us and I looked over my shoulder to see the babies being brought into the room. "Has something happened to Lord Corlys?"  He asked tiredly and Rhaenyra leans down to her father. "Father...there's someone we wish to introduce you to." She said as we both went to grab our babies leaving Daemon alone with his brother for a moment.

I smiled at the twins as I walked to the kids, Vhanerys ran to my and hugs my leg while I take Rhaenora from Rosa, my old handmaiden arms. We've keep our friendship alive over the years with letters and some would say she even became my "little spy" as Daemon would call it.  "My princess." She said smiles and I smiled holding her hands. "I've missed you." I said and she nodded. "And I did you." She said softly before I walked back over to the king with Rhaenyra. "Who is that?" Viserys asked and his daughter smiled as she sat next to him with bebe Viserys in her arms.

"Father...this is Aegon." She gestured towards the babe in the handmaidens arms. "Ageon." He whispered his grandsons name. "And this...is Viserys." She said. "Ah...Viserys. Now that is a name fit for a king." He smiled as he reached over to the babe Viserys and Rhaenyra laughs lightly. "Now show me my other grandchildren." He said gently and I smiled as Rhaenyra made room for me to sit next to the king. "These are the twins...Vhanerys and Rhaenora." I smiled as Rhaenora leaned over and touched his face making him smile.

"Beautiful...both of them so beautiful." He said before he started to groan in pain and I looked up at my lovers with a worried expression. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry." The king said moaned in pain  and then the kids started to cry. "Please. My tea. My tea." He said pointing over at the table as Rhaenyra and I moved from the kings side and taking our whining kids with us. "What tea? This?" Daemon asked moving forward to help his brother.

"Yea. Yes." The king said as Daemon hands him the cup. "Is it the tea I've been sending?" I asked. When I heard of the King pains, I got my maester from Camelot to make something for the pain. I've seen it work miracles, he shouldn't be in this much pain. Daemon looked at me before sniffing the cup and shaking his head. "Definitely not your tea." He replied. "Rosa, please take the children." I said softly and she nodded as she took Rhaenora from my arms before they all left the room.