9

*3 years later*~Second of his name~

*3 years later*
~Second of his name~

Today was Aegon's name day and the King was having a small dinner to celebrate. Rhaenyra decided she wouldn't come go, no matter how hard I tried to convince her. When Alicent married The King it caused a rift between the three of us. I didn't hate Alicent but I can't forgive her for what she did, for lying to us. That wasn't the only thing to change, Daemon went to war to help Lord Corlys in his fight. I have knowledge of this because my father also sent men and ships to help them in the their war.

When there was no persuading the Princess into coming to the celebrations, i decided to stay with her instead and keep her company. I laid my head in her lap as she rain her fingers through my hair with one hand and the other holding up the book she was reading. She's also had a man singing for us, more for her then me since she kept asking him to sing the same song over. "Under the dragons eyes." He sang the last lyrics once again. "Again." She said and I sighed.

"Perhaps the Princess might like to hear something else?" He asked and I looked up at her. "Maybe something a little more happy?" I asked and she looked down at me blankly and shakes her head. "She would not. Play it again." She said and continued to read and play in my hair. He begins to sing the melody all over again as I just looked up at her and admired how pretty she is when focusing. "Your staring." She said in high Valyrian not taking her eyes off the book and I blushed. "Your beautiful." I said softly and she smiled.

"Y-Your Grace." He said stopping the song. "Did I say to stop? From the beginning " Rhaenyra says and I bit my bottom lip as he starts playing again. "Rhaenyra. Aenora." Alicent voice rings in my ears. "Yes, my Queen." We both said not bothering to move. "Your presence is wanted in the outer courtyard. The royal hunt readies to depart." Alicent says. "I've decided to remain here with Nora and read instead." Rhaenyra said looking down at me. "But do your best to have a good time, my Queen." I said and Rhaenyra rolled her eyes.

"You may go, Samwell." Alicent says. "You are to stay by order of the Princess." She ordered and I begin to sit up straight. "The Queen commands you to leave the Godswood at once." Alicent says and I grow annoyed as he begins to leave again. "Samwell!" I shout and he pauses in his tracks and truns to me. "She is the heir, now sit." I glared and his eyes widen before he sat where he stood looking up at the three of us very nervously. Alicent sighed before stepping closer, Rhaenyra not taking her eyes off the book in her hands.

"The King wishes for you both to join us." She says. "The King has much to celebrate. He does not need me or my friend." She said and Alicent looked at my sadly, her eyes were begging me to see reason. "He wants for us all to be together. Perhaps the hunt could be...fun." She said nevertheless and I give in to the pout and look over at my Princess. "Maybe it won't be too bad." I said thinking about the King and how much he must miss his daughter. "Is it the King's command?"She asked ignoring my comment. "Yes, but-."Alicent went to say but Rhaenyra cuts her off by slamming her book shut.

"Then at once, your Grace." She said and stood up before helping me off the ground. "But it needn't be. None of it needs be this way in truth, Rhaenyra." Alicent said and Rhaneyra doesn't say a word as she walks away. "Aenora, please." She says and I turned to her. "She'll just need more time, my Queen." I said and she sighed before I followed Rhaenyra. Once I was by her side she looks at me and I gave her a smile. "It's only a day, you will survive." I said and she rolled her eyes before linking our arms. "You must stay at my side if I am to survive this." She said dramatically and I roll my eyes at her before smiling. "When am I not by your side, my love?" I asked and she smiled genuinely back at me.

-

I rode next to Rhaenyra in the King's carriage and it was an becoming an uncomfortable ride indeed. "Well isn't this splendid." Viserys says smiling at his wife and his babe, Aegon. "The whole of our family off to celebration and adventure in the Kingswood." He says and I smiled softly. The carriage was filled with silence once more and then the rode became bumpy making Alicent grunts in discomfort gaining Rhaenyra and my attention. "Should you be traveling in such conditions?" Rhaenyra asked. "The maester said that being out in the nature would do me well." Alicent says.

"Well, you will be with your own child sooner than late, and make me a proud grandsire." The King said happily but Rhaenyra didn't seem so happy of the thought. I understood not wanting to have children, my mother had three miscarriages before they told her she wouldn't be able to give birth to another babe. I was there for all three of them and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone, I hope to never have to give birth. "It's not so bad. The days are long, but Aegon came quickly and without fuss."She said and I sighed thinking of Aemma and how it wasn't so easy for her.

"You should ride out with me today. Join in the chase."The Kings says. "I'd rather not. The boars squeal like children when they're being slaughtered. I find it discomforting." Rhaenyra says and I laugh lightly as Aegon then squeal himself. "It is a hunt, Rhaenyra. How would you like to participate?" He asked. "I'm not sure why I must." She said. "Because you are my daughter...the Princess. And you have duties." He said and Rhaenyra rolled her eyes. "As I am ceaselessly reminded." She says lowly. "I'm sorry?" He asked.

"As I am ceaselessly reminded." She repeats herself loudly with irritation running through her body. "You wouldn't need to be reminded if you ever attended to them like Aenora has to her duties." He said and I looked down at my hands feeling uncomfortable being brought up in conversation. I attend whatever duty my father sends my way, I try to give him less reason to try and bring me back. "No one but Nora is here for me." She said as I take her hand in mines and he sighed and once again the carriage was filled with silence.

We finally arrived and the carriage stopped before the King stood up and Alicent followed. When the door opened the crowd that waited for the King and his son clapped as he walked out of the Carriage with his Lady wife. "Hail, hail Aegon, the Conqueror-babe, Second of his name! Here's to his Grace on his second name day!" The crowd cheers and I sat next to Rhaenyra who hadn't moved yet and squeezed her hand tightly. "We go whenever you are ready." I said and she smiled before laying her head on my shoulder as we listened to the crowd cheer for Bebe Aegon.

TIKTOK: mywattpadworld11