6

~The Rogue Prince~

~The Rogue Prince~

Rhaenyra, Alicent and I went to the Sept after Alicent suggested that the Princess light a candle for her mother. The three of us walked to the table filled with candles. "It's only been half a year since my mother died. And already they tried to marry my father off and replace me as heir, I know those men and how they plot in their secret councils when I've been sent away." The Princess says. "Your father would never let that happen." I said and she squeezed my hand before I looked to Alicent for help in comforting the Princess.

"You can not worry at the matters of Lords and Kings, Rhaenyra. What if you father were to marry?" Alicent asked and Rhaenyra stopped while Alicent grabs her a candle. I look at Rhaenyra for her answer and I see the sad in her eyes. I feel her sadness in my heart at the thought of the King being remarried, I would do any to take her sadness away. "Your father loves you. He chose you for his heir for a reason." I said. " He didn't choose me. He spurns Daemon." Rhaenyra says and I sighed.

"Kneel with me." I look over at Alicent and I smiled before kneeling beside her. I looked at Rhaenyra who hadn't moved from her spot before I pat the spot next to me. She smiled with a eye roll before kneeling next to us. "I find this is a way to be with my mother. Here in the quiet of the Sept, I feel close to her." Alicent says and I put my hand over her folded ones, I hate when there's nothing I can do to make my friends happy in their time of grief. "I know it sound foolish." She said and the Princess shakes her head. "I don't think it's foolish." She said. "Not even a bit." I said. "Good. Because I thought you might try." She smiled softly at the both of us.

I nodded before taking the half melted candle that she hands me but Rhaenyra seemed hesitant. "For me?" I asked with a smile and slowly pushed a candle to her and she giggled. "If not for her or me, then perhaps for them." Alicent said and the Princess gave in before she lit her candle. "What do I say." She said nervously and I looked to Alicent for the answer. "Whatever you wish. It's only for you and the gods to know." She said. I took a deep breath before closing my eyes and folding my hands.

I didn't feel the need to talk to a god that won't help me but I did want Rhaenyra to feel better about giving it a try. If this helps Alicent who says it won't comfort the Princess Rhaenyra. The three of us became silent for while before the wave of emotions hit my body making me open my eyes and look over at my love. Tears fills her eyes before she cries into her hands. "Oh, my love." I said softly before wrapping my arms around her and Alicent moved to the other side of the Princess to hold her hand. Rhaenyra pulls her face from her hands and let me whip the tears from her cheek.

"I want him to see me as more than his little girl." She said says. "Mine own father does not know the language of the girls, either." Alicent said and Rhaenyra laughed lightly. "We have to face it, men are not to bright." I said and we all laugh quietly. "When I wish to talk to him, I know that I must make the effort." Alicent says and the Princess smiles. "Thank you. Both of you." She said. "Anything for you, my love." I whispered to her in high valyrian before kissing her cheek gently.

-

As my Handmaid's leave my room after helping me get ready for bed, I paced back and forth thinking of the events that has happened today

As my Handmaid's leave my room after helping me get ready for bed, I paced back and forth thinking of the events that has happened today. More importantly Daemon Targaryen, he has been on my mind like a horrible melody. I felt bad for him for some odd reason, he did so much to gain his brother attention only for plans to go left. You wouldn't be able to notice if you didn't pay attention to Daemon and Viserys relationship, but he longs for his oldest brother's approval and gratitude.

I finally stopped moving and I look over at the table where my books, paper and old written letters from my mother were sitting. I walked towards my bed and grabbed the paper and ink before sitting on my bed. I begin to write and thinking of my words carefully, I never been so nervous to write to someone.

Dear Daemon Targaryen
This is your Princess, Aenora and I am writing to you because I feel like I should be saying sorry to you. For being on the outs with your brother and the rift between you and Rhaenyra because of it, but I won't give the Rouge Prince pity instead I'll give you peace in mind. Viserys is too stubborn to admit but he missed you and regrets how things happened since you two were together last. I hope you do well until we meet again , my Prince.

I lifted my head up when I hear soft knocks on my chambers doors and the wave of sadness went through my body and I instantly knew it was Rhaenyra. I hide my letter in one of my books and put it back on my nightstand before rushing over to the doors to open them and their she was, my Princess. "Nyra, what's the matter?" I asked before she pulled me into a hug, I was quick to hug her back. "It's my father." She said and I pulled her into my room before closing the door behind us. "What about your father, my love?" I asked putting her perfect face in my hands as she squeezed her arms around my waist.

"I did as you said and tried to talk to him first, to make him see that I'm not just his little girl." She cries softly and I whip away every fallen tear. "He will come around just be patient." I said and rolls her eyes and pulls away. "He wouldn't even hear my thoughts about the Council." She said crossing her arms and looking at the ground. I remember all the talks me and my mother had when it was announced that my mother could no longer have babies.

Since I was the only child they ever had I was named heir and just like Rhaenyra I felt absolutely useless. I walked to my beautiful Princess and lifted her head up. "If you want to be heard as heir then you must take action and make them hear you. Men don't ask to be heard and neither do queens." I said remembering my mother words. The Princess deep blue eyes stared into mine but something was different, I could feeling dancing around our hearts, ours souls.

"C-could I stay with you?" She asked. Her voice so soft I could barely make out what she said. "Of course." I says and grabbed her hand gently and we walked over to my bed. Once again I laid underneath my sheets and the Princess joins me. We laid facing each other but not closing our eyes just yet. "Good night, my love." I say in our love language and she smiled before cuddling up to me. "Night, my light." She says as I closed my eyes and held her through the night.

TIKTOK: mywattpadworld11