31

~Driftmark~

~Driftmark~

It's been a week since my husband funeral and his tragic death even longer ago then that. Otto Hightower replaced Lyonel as Hand to the King just like the Queen wanted him. Now I stand at Laena Velaryon funeral feeling the same emptiness, I've cried so much it's like now I'm all out of tears to cry. Everyone the known or loved Laena were here near the cliffs of Hight Tide. I held all three of my children under my arms as Vaemond Velaryon begins to speak. "We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King when he will guard her for all days to come." He said and I looked over at Daemon's three daughters who cried underneath their grandparents.

Laena and I used to talk by letters but once her and Daemon were finally together and married they stopped. "As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leave three true-born daughters on the shore." He said and making me roll my eyes at the sudden gab at Rhaenyra. "Though their mother will not return from voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood." He said now glaring at Rhaenyra and her boys. "Ours runs thick. Our run true. And ours must never thin." He says and Daemon let's out a laugh taking attention from Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra and I glanced at each other squeamishly as they began to sink Laena into the water. "My gentle niece. May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your hearts." Aemond said as I catch Queen's eyes on me which made me glare at her harshly making her turn her head back quickly. I don't care what people say, my husband dying was no accident, I intend to find the truth. "From the sea we came. To the same we shall return." He said before they dropped Laena into the water. Laenor holds back his tears as I reached for his hand which he squeezed once our fingers intertwined.

-

The gathering moved into the Velaryon's home and I stood outside watching my dragon fly above my head. "Sister." Larys Stong says gaining my attention. "What is it?" I said in a blank tone not even sparing him a look. My friend Rosa told me how she overheard the conversation between him and the Queen. She wasn't sure if they did anything but their was no doubt in my mind it was their doing. "I just..came to see how are you were doing. I didn't think you would be here." He said and I turned my head and glared. "Of course I'm here. Laena is was a friend... family even but again what would you know about that." I said taking a sip of this god awful wine.

He smirked and nodded his head. "I know you are mourning over your husband but he was my brother. I feel just as alone-." He said and I laugh bitterly. "You are right, Larys. You are alone and soon you'll be without Harrenhal as well." I said and Larys tilts his head in confusion finally breaking that cocky mask he was wearing and making me smile. "What are you speaking of?" He asked and I shrugged. "Did you not hear? To keep the Strong name relevant your father made sure that when my second son is of age he will take Harrenhal." I said making him glare at me before covering it up with a smile. "Princess." He said bowed dismissing himself and I rolled my eyes as he went.

Can't wait till the day I kill that man, hopefully the Queen is with him when the day comes. I looked over my shoulder and my eyes were met with Daemons as he stood across the way. I was quick to turn my head feeling guilty at the sudden butterflies in my chest. I see Jacaerys standing alone from the corner of my eye making me walk towards him, I also wanted to get from under Daemon stares. "Hello, my love." I say softly and he looked up at me as I run my fingers through his hair. "Hello." He said sadly. "What's the matter?" I asked but I know the answer. "I miss my father." He said and I looked around making sure no one heard but me before I lean down to his level.

"I do too." I whispered and he smiled softly before I feel a hand on my lower back making me stand. "Hello, my light." Rhaenyra says and I smiled finally feeling more relaxed now that she's here. "Have you seen your father?" She asked her son and looking around. "Haven't seen him up here since we left the beach." I said and she nodded as we both looked at the three beautiful daughters of Laena and Daemon. "Your little cousins have lost their mother. They could use a kind word." Rhaenyra says moving his hair out of his face. "I have an equal claim to sympathy." Jace said and his mother sighed. "Jace." She says but he continues.

"We should have went to Harrenhal, to mourn Lord Lyonel and Ser Harwin." He said and she glanced at me and her surroundings before turning back to her son. "It would not be appropriate." She said and he pulled away with a huff. "If we were with mother Aenora, it wouldn't." He said and my eyes widen when he call me mother, he's never done that before but I like it. "The Velaryons and the Pendragons are our kin and the Strongs are not." She said leaning down and holding his shoulders. "Look at me. Do you understand?" She asked and he turns to walk away as his answer.

"And take your brothers with you." I whispered to him as I pointed at my sons who seemed to be having a conversation of their own. Jace nodded quickly as he walked towards the girls and taking Baelon and Jacael with him. I smiled as they walk to the girls and then I started to look for my baby girl as well. I looked around just to find her sitting on the leg of the King Viserys and talking as him laughed, it was a pure sight to see. When I turned my attention back to Rhaenyra she was looking nervously back the Queen Alicent who was glaring a hole into us. I stood there and glared back till she turned her head back at Ser Crison who stood beside her. "I need a drink." She said softly as she pulled me through the crowd with her.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11