35

~Driftmark~

~Driftmark~

I siting in down in the chambers with the maester as he stitched up my wrist and my kids all laid in the bed across the room. "You will scar, but the wound will heal. Like I told the Princess, Valyrian steel cuts clean." He said and i nodded as I bite down on my bottom lip in pain. "Seven hells." I cursed quietly trying not to wake the kids as he pierced through my skin. The doors open and i expected Rhaenyra but it was Daemon who walked in. He grins lightly when I saw him and walked over to me. "Morning, little dragon." He greeted and I smiled at the name I haven't heard in so long. "Morning Daemon." I said through my pains.

"All done." The maester said and Daemon stands beside him looking at my arm over his shoulder. "Thank you, maester." I said and he nodded before exiting the room. Rhaenyra then walked in seconds later and smiles when she sees the both of us. "Are you alright?" She asked walking towards me. "I'm fine. How are the boys?" I asked and she sat down on the stools where the maester had just been sitting earlier. "They're okay and should be sleeping." She said and i nodded. "That's good." I said as she looked back at my children. "How is Aenyra?" She asked. "She's feels bad for what she did but I ensured her that defending herself was nothing to feel bad about." I said and both my lovers nod their head.

"Good, because if it wasn't for her my son might have been the pummeled to death." She said and rubbed the side of her head. "Who knew children could be so violent." I said and we all chuckled lightly. Daemon kneeled down in front of me and laid his right arm on my legs and the other holding my wrist carefully. "Your first battle scar. You should be proud." He smirked as he looked up at me with those dark blue eyes. "Yes... but I'm no warrior just a mother." I said and looked over at my sleeping kids, they must've been so scared last night. "Exactly my point." He said and I smiled before looking back down at him.

"Your children are warriors at heart as well especially Aenyra. She very handy with a blade, isn't she?" He chuckles and I laughed as pushed his face away only to make him laugh harder. "Shh you can't say such things." I said as our laughs dialed down and he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me to the edge of my chair. "Why not? What are you afraid of?" He asked and my smiled fades. "She had my husband killed, Daemon. I have no proof, but I know her and Larys Strong... his own brother had something to do with it." I whispered to the both of them as quietly as possible not wanting the kids to wake or hear.

"And last night when the Queen ordered my little girls eye I realized that me and my kids aren't safe here. I might have to leave...and for good this time." I said feeling my eyes watering and he lifts his right hand and laid it on my cheek. "Aenora, of course your safe here. " He said and Rhaneyra walked to my side and grabbed my hand. "Do you trust me?" Rhaenyra asked and I look at her. "Of course I do." I said and she looked at Daemon for a answerer which he nodded in response. "I have a plan for the three of us." She said standing up and heading towards the door as Daemon and I looked at her questionably. 

-

After getting my self dressed and left my chambers to met with Daemon and Rhaenyra outside. I walked out of the balcony of the castle with Rhaenyra as she watched her father boat drifting off. Vhagar flys over my head as I stand beside her and Daemon comes soon afterwards. "Fire is such strange power. Everything that House Targaryen, House Pendragon possesses is owed to it." Rhaneyra said not taking her eyes from the sight ahead. "Yet it has cost us all what we loved." She said.

"Perhaps the Velaryons knew the truth of it. The sea is the better ally." Daemon says beside her. "Fire is a prison. The sea offers an escape." She said and I looked at her before taking her hand in mine. She smiled at me before looked over at Daemon before she speaks up again. "I need you, uncle. The both of you." She said glancing between Daemon and I as she squeezed my hand in hers. "I cannot face the greens alone. Let us bind our blood, just as Aegon the Conqueror did with his sisters." She said now in High Valyrian.

"With you as my husband and you as my wife, my claim would not be so easily challenged." She said and turns to me. "The Velaryons are of the sea. But you and I are made of fire." She said and Daemon turned around and sits down on the stone as looked out at the water listening closely. "We have always been meant to burn together." She said to us and I sighed as I looked out at the view. "We could not marry unless Laenor were dead." Daemon said. "He's right." I said. "I know." She said and I turned to her fully before we sit there in uncertainty silence.

"I will not be a tyrant. And rule with terror." She said breaking the silence. "A tyrant rules only through terror-." Daemon said. "If the king isn't feared, he is powerless." I said remembering one of the many things my father taught me and Daemond nods before he continued. "If you are to be a strong queen, you  must cultivate love and respect, yes, but your subjects must fear you." Daemon explains and nods understanding. "I do love Laenor." She said. "Then grant him this kindness. Set him free." Daemon said as she looks at me.

"This will cost Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys their only remaining child. And the realm will whisper that I was somehow responsible." She said "Let them whisper." Daemon said as he reached for my hand. "We will know the truth of it and our enemies won't." He said and I smiled slightly as we all glanced at each other. "They will fear what else we might be capable of." She said with a nod of her head before looking ahead.

-

After the three of us successfully getting ride of the heir to Diftmark it was only a day before Daemon, Rhaneyra and I took our children and went to Dragonstone. We planned to have a traditional Valyrian wedding ceremony in secret with our children as the only witnesses of today. We couldn't take any chances on anyone stopping us and knowing my father he would try if he heard. We stood on a windy beach together and stood closely together as we followed our traditions. I smiled as we cut each other's lips with a piece of dragonglass, Daemon gently dragged the glass down my bottom lip.

This is so our blood will "mix" when it's time to kiss. I smiled before doing the same to Rhaneyra whose smiles brightly at me as I did so. Our children huddled together as they watched us and I know their confused and things are moving faster than expected but i know they'll understand when they get older. I watched Daemon draw a symbol on Rhaenyra forehead with the pad of his thumb and then her repeating his actions with me and so forth. My heart was pumping through my chest as I cut the palm of my hand and then watch them do the same. When our hands joined and we drank from the goblet that the three of us passed around.

When the goblet is set down and the officiant begins, we stand there holding hands and smiling at one another. Rhaenyra pulled from Daemon lips before she turned to me and tucked my hair behind my ear. She rubbed my cheekbones as I smiled up at her before our lips touched. It felt so nice to kiss her lips without hiding or feeling shame, I have always love her and now she was mine. I pulled back and turned to Daemon who pulled me into the most passionate kiss, it nearly took my breath away. I didn't know how it's possible to love two people so much but it is possible and they both make my heart whole.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11