𝟎𝟎𝟓 Doom Patrol

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Ⅴ 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍

CLIFF HAD RACHEL AND HAZEL BY THEIR SHOULDERS, LEADING THEM TO A LIVING ROOM. "Come on, Cliff," Gar whined, jogging behind them. "It's all right, man. They're cool."

"I know, and they listen to all the right music, and they're just awesome. And make them go," Cliff ordered finally releasing the two.

"What is this place? Who are you people?" Rachel demanded, pulling Hazel to her side.

"Chief calls us the conventionally challenged," Gar explained, standing by the second couch. "And this place is-"

"You need to go home, kids," Cliff ordered.

"Are you an android? Or a cyborg?" Hazel asked looking up at his large metal face.

"Here we go," Cliff grumbled.

"Or a robot?" Rachel added.

"Not a robot, robots aren't sentient," Hazel pointed out.

"He's a robot man," Gar corrected.

"Oh, fuck me," Cliff groaned.

"Cliff was a race car driver," Gar started. "A pretty famous one, too. He got into a bad accident. His body was pretty much kaput. Chief managed to save his brain." Gar knocked his fist against Cliff's face and Cliff grumbled again.

"Knock it off," Cliff complained.

"What little there was left of it," Gar corrected himself.

"That a cyborg," Hazel spoke up making the boys look at her. "A cyborg is just a being with robotic attachments. Because you still have your brain that makes you a cyborg."

"They gotta go before the Chief gets home," Cliff ordered, turning back to Gar.

"Who's the Chief?" Rachel questioned.

"Well, he's the greatest doctor in the world," Gar explained. "Saved all of us."

"All of you?" Rachel pointed out and they froze. "Who else lives here?" Cliff winced, his patience with Gar running thin. "Well, there's-" Gar's sentence cut off when Cliff grabbed his shoulder and pushed him backwards.

"You do realize this is supposed to be a secret, right?" Cliff snapped. "No, no. Let me get this straight. You want the Chief, who just learned to walk again, to walk into your dumbassery."