𝟎𝟏𝟎 Starfire Into The Red

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Ⅹ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒅

THE SUN RAN ACROSS HAZEL'S FACE, HER SKIN WARMING AND HER FREKELS SHINNIG. Her head rest against Gar's bare chest, and his arms held her close against him. As the sun broke through the window enough to shine across Gar's eyes he stirred, a groan rumbling his chest. Hazel lifted her head trying to roll away but Gar pulled her closer, holding her against him.

Hazel smiled as she watched his sleeping face, his lips open lightly, the marks from her kisses still staining his lips a darker red. She brushed his messy hair from his eyes and Gar laughed softly. "Thank you for fixing my hair you messed up in the first place." Hazel laughed and kissed his forehead.

"Good morning," Hazel greeted, her voice soft. Gar opened his eyes softly, his honey-brown eyes reflecting the light of the sun. Gar leant forward, pulling her into a kiss, softer, slower than any they had the night before.

A quick pounding on the door made the two jump. "Would you two get your asses up?!" Larry screeched, his voice muffled by the door. Gar pushed himself up onto his elbows, calling a slurred agreement. "And bring bleach! For my ears!" Hazel groaned and fell back into the pillows.

.

As the pair walked into the living room where the others waited Cliff stood, cheering. "Never in my life did I think it would happen, let alone experience it!" Cliff yelled, his arms thrown up. "Garfield got laid." Gar groaned and tried to turn for the hall but Hazel stopped him.

"Someone had to Cliff, and it sure as hell wasn't you," Hazel teased and Willow laughed. Hazel walked past Larry pausing to look at the elephant he was shaping. "Good job?" Hazel said, her voice uncertain.

"God, you're an ass," Larry huffed, trimming the ears.

Hazle laughed and headed for the next room over. "I'm gonna go talk to Gar, you might wanna knock before you come in..." Larry groaned, throwing his head back as Cliff made vomiting noises. Hazel pulled on Gar's hand, dragging him into the next room over. "Hey, I know we kinda talked last night, but uh..."

"We got distracted?" Gar laughed and Hazel fell back onto a large red couch. Gar sat on the end, moving Hazel's legs so they rested on his thighs. Gar drummed his fingers on Hazel's legs and she looked up. "I want to tell you something." Hazel hummed and pushed herself to rest on her palms. "When I was in the Red, before, it showed me things. You remember Niles Caulder?"

"How could I forget?" Hazel questioned with a teasing smile.

Gar chuckled softly and started to play with the laces of her boots. "Well, the virus he saved me from, the one that killed my parents. He created it." Hazel's smile dropped and Gar took a breath. "I think it wanted me to accept in but..." Gar trailed off and Hazel pushed herself up. She pushed herself onto his lap and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, squeezing him tightly. Gar buried his face in her shoulder and pulled her closer, trying to steady his shaky breathing. "I know I should it accept it but-"