𝟎𝟎𝟔 Fires From The Sun

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Ⅵ 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏

FIVE DAYS AGO

HAZEL STOOD WITH IFO'RYN AS THE WATCHED THE NEW KNIGHTS TRAIN. "If you look to your left you shall see Khanbo, with the runes," Ifo'ryn said, but he kept his eyes forward. "He oversees those in training but he's never been in battle."

Hazel looked to her left, spotting the man with runes standing among the students in golden cloth. "Do you end up training them then?"

"More often than not. If you're willing, I could train with you," Ifo'ryn said, looking down at Hazel. "I'm sure your way of fighting will be different than the one we learn here."

"I wasn't trained with a sword," Hazel shrugged. "Not a real one at least."

"Take your chances." Ifo'ryn stepped away from Hazel, calling for her to follow him. He led her up stone stairs to an open grass area that overlooked the trainees. He picked up a slim sword from a stone rack and tossed it at Hazel. "Train with me, Princess Hazel?"

Hazel unclipped the skirt and threw it over the stone wall before stepping out in front of the Knight. "Have you fought with a sword on earth?" He questioned, pulling the silver armour off his chest and setting them against the wall. He flicked the teal coat back and unbuttoned the top button of his white shirt.

"In training," Hazel murmured.

Hazel stood across from Jason, bandages wrapped around their hands. Jason struck a hit on Hazel's side and she groaned bucking over, her knees hitting the training room's padded floor. Jason cheered, clapping to himself. "And that's how you do it! Jason Todd has won again!" Jason threw his hands up punching the air.

"Yeah okay, okay," Hazel muttered, falling back against the matt. Her hair fell around her and Hazel's head hit the floor with a slight thud. Jason sighed and sat next to her before lying next to her.

He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the bandages and huffed. "What's wrong with you?" Jason asked, knocking his knee against her propped-up one. He hummed and knocked her leg again. "Come on... You normally love training, it takes your mind off you know... the nightmares of you dying."

"What a way with words you have Jay," Hazel said with a soft chuckle but her eyes stayed stuck on the ceiling.

Jason reached back onto the bench, grabbing his phone. He clicked it on showing three fifty-five am. "Hazel..." Jason called and she shot him a glance. "It's either this or we go back to bed where you wake up screaming and I have to lie to Dick's face saying I was watching some... weird porno shit."