𝟎𝟏𝟔 Thank You For Being My Family

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ⅳ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚

HAZEL OPENED HER EYES. Soft lavender flowers brushed against her skin and the sun warmed her face. Hazel brushed her hand along the tall grass, the bright green making her smile. "Hello Hazel," A woman called, her voice soft. Hazel turned and smiled. Her hair was charcoal black with strands of gold, her eyes slim and golden. "We've been expecting you. My name is Zelira, but you may know me as The Sun."

"Pleasure?" Hazel greeted, her voice unsure. She nodded, her long blue dress flowing in the wind. "Is this my trial?"

She nodded again and motioned behind her to the large stone and crystal castle. "Please, follow me."

"What if I didn't?" Hazel asked and she stopped, turning back to Hazel. "No one ask that before?"

Zelira shook her head. "No... people follow, we give them life and a reason." She tilted her head and smiled. "You're not going to follow me."

"Prefer not to." Hazel pursed her lips. "I have a speech if you want it."

"If you followed, you'll find your way back easier. But I feel you don't take the easy way out."

Hazel laughed softly and pointed over her shoulder. "Do I go that way?"

"If you want to." Hazel turned, walking along the green track. "Your sister did. Though she swore a lot more."

Hazel turned back but the woman was gone, as was the castle. "I think I called her a cunt," Terran called and Hazel's head snapped up. Hazel smiled and ran to Terran, throwing her arms around her, squeezing her as tight as she could.

"And she's still a spitfire," Another voice called. Terran stepped back letting Hazel see Hank. She barely got a moment to process before Hank pulled her into a tight hug. "The path is super fucking long, but we've got a shit load to talk about."

Gar stared at the sky, unable to tear his eyes away. Conner panted, nervously glancing at Cole. Cole's head dropped and looked away from the sky. Rachel walked to Dick and Kory and dropped her head against Kory's arm. Tim walked to Cole and gently took his hand. "She saved us," Tim said softly.

Conner walked to Gar and grabbed his shoulder, trying to comfort him. "She saved everything," Conner echoed. Gar sucked in a shaky breath and released silent sobs, tears running down his skin. His chest felt hollow and full at the same time. He wanted to scream but his throat felt tight. The pit in the bottom of his stomach only grew as each second passed. He used to be able to feel her, a pillar of light, a being of complete life and hope. But now there was an empty void that no matter how hard Gar searched through, she was gone.