𝟎𝟏𝟓 One Last Fight

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ⅲ 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

HER BODY WAS BURNING FROM THE INSIDE OUT. Her skin burned and her eyes couldn't focus on anything in front of her. Hazel's legs gave out and the cuffs around her wrists were the only thing keeping her somewhat upright. "Power is at seventeen per cent," The computer announced.

Hazel cried, the feeling of her power being drawn from her body was the most unbearable thing she had experienced. The light that had been drawn from her and funnelled to the power system had started to stain the room red. "The irony is irresistible, isn't it?" Brother Blood cooed, steeping around Hazel who moaned in pain. "The one whom the prophecy states would save worlds will now destroy them." Hazel cried and Sebastian raised his hand, shushing her. Hazel's head rolled, her body going limp and her mind leaving, pulled into a dream. A memory.

Rachel and Terran had returned to the tower for Christmas. It was the first time the two had met Conner but both were more happy to meet Krypto. Deck The Halls played quietly from the radio as Terran and Kory worked hard to decorate the tree Hazel had grown.

"Oh, how about this one?" Kory asked, holding up a pack of large silver baubles.

Terran immediately ran for it but Hazel groaned. "I thought we were doing a white and red Christmas?" Hazel questioned.

"Things never go our way, Haze," Terran called, opening the pack.

"Hey, buddy, want a snack?" Conner questioned and Krpto looked up at him. They both wore a matching set of scarf and dog jumpers as well as Krypto wearing a pair of antlers. "Got one for me, and one for you." Conner smiled as he bit into the gingerbread before he passed one to Krpto.

"Hazel," Gar called racing back into the room. He pulled out a large white and red Christmas sweater that matched his but with the colours in reverse.

"No, no," Hazel waved down, sipping on her hot chocolate.

"Come on Hazel," Dick complained, throwing his hands up. Kory and he had sweaters and scarves, Rachel and Terran had hats, as well as Terran, wearing a sweater her mom knitted. Gar had the sweater as well as pyjamas, antlers and mittens.

"Don't be such a downer," Conner huffed.

"I'm not a downer, I'm Krumpus," Hazel chuckled, biting into a gingerbread man.

"Hazel," Terran snapped. "Put the goddamn sweater on."

Hazel smiled, "No." Terran groaned making Hazel laugh. "I have something better. Rache, you remember that Christmas thing the seniors held right?"

"Holy fuck!" Rachel cursed. Hazel slipped away for a few minutes before sliding back into the room with a long Santa coat and hood. "How do you still have that?"