𝟎𝟏𝟑 Red Light Weapon

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ⅰ 𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒏

"ALL RIGHT. WE ALL CLEAR ON HOW THIS GOES DOWN?" DICK QUESTIONED.

"I blast the orb with my light," Hazel confirmed.

"I'll track the heat index," Kory said.

"I'll watch the pressure," Rachel echoed.

"And when both indexes are at 100 per cent, that means the fission reaction is complete," Dick explained. "That's when you take over Conner. Hazel will exit while you stabilise the orb."

"And then we all do some deep breathing," Kory said nervously.

"When she's out of there, Gar will activate the vault's nuclear containment shield, in case something goes wrong," Dick finished and Hazel nodded to herself.

"You ready?" Gar questioned.

Hazel shrugged softly. "Sure. Conner?"

Conner nodded. "Ready." He stepped closer to the orb as Gar rushed from the room, slamming the door behind him. He walked to the window space and nodded at Hazel. "Don't burn me alive," Conner joked and Hazel laughed.

"I'll give it my best shot," Hazel muttered. She took a deep breath, shifting through the layers of light. Gold took over her arms, the end tinted blue. Hazel lifted her hands, her light turning a dark red. Her hand moved closer to the sphere and red light latched on, weaving through the hexagon shapes.

"Index climbing, eleven per cent," Kory relayed, her voice nervous.

"Pressure's at 19," Rachel said, her voice loud.

Hazel inhaled through her nose, her skin starting to burn. Her gold light started to break away shooting towards the roof, her eyes slowly turning red. She lifted her other hand, forcing her light from her hands and chest to flow towards the orb. "Heat's at thirty-five per cent. Forty."

"Pressure is at forty-nine... Fifty per cent!"

Hazel's head twitched, her jaw clenching as her light started to burn through her skin. Her body healed quickly, but her light still beat against her skin. "Device instability detected," An automated voice warned.

"Hey, guys!" Gar shouted, pressing the speaker button. "Stand down. Something's wrong."

"What's happening over there?" Dick shouted.

"Increased instability detected. Begin nuclear containment shield activation," The automated voice instructed.

"Shit," Gar cursed, hitting different buttons. "Fuck, fuck, fuck."