𝟎𝟎𝟗 Until The Stars Burn Out

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Ⅸ 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒕

CLIFF AND LARRY RACED GAR TO A ROOM UPSTAIRS AS HAZEL STOOD IN THE HALL, THE BOY AT HER SIDE. "I'm Vic," He said as Hazel leant against the hall. "Some people call me Cyborg." He smiled and reached out his hand.

Hazel reached forward and shook his hand, "Hazel, but I think you knew that."

Vic laughed but stopped when a small berry flung at his head. "I found them growing from the roof," A shorter girl said making her way down the hall. She threw another grape at Vic and laughed. She stopped by Hazel and smiled. Hazel paused as she looked at the girl, her hair was short red and freckles scattered her cheeks, but her eyes paused on the horns growing from her skull and a tail swung behind her. "I'm Willow," She said with a smile. "I know the horns are... not normal."

"Well, I was flying a dragon a few hours ago so, not that weird." Willow's jaw dropped slightly and Vic's head snapped up.

"I'm going to need a proper explanation for that," Larry called, his bandaged hand pointing at Hazel.

"Larry." Hazel smiled and ran to Larry throwing her arms around him as he pets her back. "Whoa, whoa," Hazel said stepping back. "Nice coat." Larry spun extending his arms and showing off the brown coat.

"There was a leather one I said he should go with," Cliff said, his feet making a thumping against the floor. Hazel turned to him and rapped her knuckles against his arm. "Still a robot."

"Cyborg," Hazel insisted. "I gotta say, I'm not sure I prefer this meeting more than the last."

"Yeah well that meeting is about to get a lot weirder, Hazel Lillis," Larry said, patting her shoulder as he walked past her.

"Why'd you use my full name?" Hazel asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"You're Hazel Lillis?" Willow questioned stepping forward.

"Um... my answer depends on why you're asking."

"Do you remember the last time you were here?" Cliff asked leading the group to the living room.

"Hard to forget," Hazel said with a dry laugh. "I get dragged by a boy I just met, get served some of the best food in my life then shot with a dart gun by your good ol' doctor."

"It's that last bit that's important," Larry called as he plucked a leaf from one of the vines growing up the wall.

"The chief took some of your DNA," Cliff explained. "A few months later, Willow came to our doorstep. She was attacked by a mutated deer. He took your DNA, mixed it with his serum and saved Willow's life." Cliff threw his arms up in celebration as Larry echoed him with a 'whoo'.