𝟎𝟎𝟕 Work Together

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Ⅶ 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

GAR PAUSED BY THE DOOR TO THE LIVING ROOM. Hazel sat on the couch, subconsciously itching her shoulder as she wrote in a notebook. "Hey," Gar called walking in. "How-How are you feeling?" Hazel shrugged and leaned back on the couch. Gar sighed and made his way to her, sitting beside her on the couch. "I'm sorry he did that. To you and Rachel."

"It's not your fault," Hazel sighed. "You didn't know he was gonna do that. And he shot you as well, so... we're even." Gar chuckled softly, still looking at his hands.

"Hazel," Kory called, holding Hazel's bags. "We're going, come one." Hazel stood up and took her bags from Kory. Gar followed behind them as they left the house with Dick and Rachel.

Hazel paused and turned to Larry, handing him the notebook. "Some of my mom's recipes," Hazel explained with a smile. Larry nodded and held the notebook close. "And the herbs and Rose won't die either." Rita smiled and nodded.

Hazel caught up to the other and shoved her bags in the boot of Dick's car. She slammed the door closed and paused to smile at Gar again, giving him a small wave. "Go. Go with them. Go have a life," Cliff encouraged.

"But the Chief," Gar countered.

"His back is broken again," Larry reasoned. "We'll take care of him."

"He helped us, Gar," Rita reasoned. "No matter what, we owe it to Chief to help him now."

"Um, maybe you guys can come," Gar offered. "I mean, you don't have to hide anymore."

"It is what it is, kid," Cliff shrugged.

"But you, Rita paused, holding out Gar's bag. "You can have more than us." Rita and Gar hugged for a moment before he moved to Larry and did a small handshake that ended with a salute. Finally, he stood in front of Cliff and hugged the metal man.

Cliff waited a few seconds before Cliff motioned along. "All right. Now get going, will ya? Green fool.," Cliff groaned.

"Rachel, get in the car," Kory ordered.

"I'm not sitting in the middle," Rachel huffed. Gar rushed over and hopped in the car, Hazel following to sit in the middle. Rachel gave the others a small wave one last time before hopping in as well.