𝟎𝟏𝟓 The Beginning of The End

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ⅲ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅

GAR AND HAZEL WALKED OUT OF THE SMALL VINTAGE COFFEE SHOP. Gar held his pastry and coffee close as Hazel popped the lid of hers. "Fuck," Hazel mumbled, her steps slowing and Gar stopped. "They messed up my order. I'll go in a grab another."

"I'll wait here," Gar said with a nod.

"I'll be as fast as I can," Hazel said quickly before rushing back to the coffee shop. She quickly informed the poor coffee boy who apologised profusely. Hazel knocked her knuckles against the wooden countertop her eyes looking at the small table of salts and sugars. Hazel spun the salt. Cake, coffee and pies were printed on the small brown label in black writing that wrapped the glass shaker. She did the same with the sugar but when she picked up the pepper she paused. Instead of the regular label the words When the world stops you, we will bring you home were printed small in white lettering.

Hazel looked up at the boy as he finished the milk art on her coffee and she tore the label off, sliding it into the side of her bra. "Here you go miss, one hazelnut coffee, sorry again," The boy said softly, sliding the coffee her way.

"That's alright, thank you... Shane," Hazel said leaning closer to read his name tag. Hazel took the coffee and stepped outside making her way towards Gar. Gar rushed forward and grabbed a man's shoulder but he quickly let go and the man turned back, confused, before walking on.

Hazel jogged over to Gar and he almost dropped his coffee as he met her halfway, throwing his arms around her. "Hey, hey, just breath," Hazel soothed. Gar dropped his head against Hazel's shoulder for a moment before straightening up. "Are you alright?"

"I uh-" Gar's eyes shot around before finally settling on Hazel. "I talked to someone, he made me hear these animals and- he..."

"Just take a breath," Hazel ordered. "He what?"

"When the tower splits in half, go to The Red," Gar relayed. "I tried to talk to him again but when I chased him, he disappeared like it wasn't the same guy."

"Okay creepy," Hazel said. "Um, okay. The Red is the place with the tree, obviously. Maybe the tower is a literal tower."

"Or a temple," Gar said softly.

"Let's get back to S.T.A.R Labs. Maybe ask Jinx-"

"No, no, I think this is a me thing," Gar said quickly and Hazel nodded.

TERRAN PULLED HERSELF ONTO THE TABLE NEXT TO RACHEL AS DICK FOLLOWED AFTER CONNER. The two talked for a minute before Conner pushed himself out of the chair speaking loud enough for everyone to hear. "Well, you know what, I'd say it's happening just in fucking time," Conner said and the others looked at him. "Rachel's useless. Gar's losing his mind, Kory's blue-thing, inconsistent at best. And, Tim, well, he can't do anything at all."