𝟎𝟏𝟒 Visons Of Death

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ⅱ 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉

THE KIDS SAT AROUND TEH TABLE, SIPPING AT TEH SOUP ANGELA MADE. Rachel spun her spoon around in the food, barely taking a sip. "You have to eat Rache," Hazel mumbled, looking up at her from her seat next to her.

"I'm not hungry," Rachel mumbled.

"Rachel..."

"I must have done something to Kory," Rachel said, dropping her spoon. "Scrambled her brain or... drove her mad. I shouldn't have done it. I only made things worse for her."

Hazel looked back at Gar and he slowly stepped from the table, taking his bowl with him. "Rachel, you were trying to help her, whatever happened it wasn't your fault," Hazel assured. "...Dick's gonna work everything out. It's Dick, everything's going to be fine."

Rachel took a slow breath before looking up at Hazel. "You can't stay here," Rachel said softly.

"What do you mean?" Hazel asked.

"I know you wanted to help me, but you just keep getting hurt," Rachel assessed, her eyes moving between where the beam had impaled her arm and slight marks from the shock collar she wore at the asylum. "Bad things happen to people around me."

"Rachel, I said I'd stay with you," Hazel repeated and slid her hand onto Rachel's. "Rachel-"

"Don't touch me!" Rachel snapped, the black shadow version jumping out at Hazel. Hazel reeled back, looking at Rachel with wide eyes and Gar looked down at them. "I'm so sorry," Rachel sobbed, covering her face.

Hazel tried to comfort Rachel, but only a small mumble of 'it's okay' came out in a small whisper.

Angela opened the back door and stepped into the house, looking over the silent kids. "Okay. If the soup's awful, you can just tell me," Angela chuckled softly, walking to the kitchen and setting the flowers down. "There wasn't a lot to work with in the garden. Most of it's dead."

Hazel coughed to clear her throat and stood from the table, taking the bowl to the sink. "I'll go fix the garden," Hazel offered and turned to the back door. She spared a slight glance at Rachel before walking out the door.

"I'll uh, gives you guys a sec," Gar said before moving to follow Hazel. Gar walked out the door, stepping up to Hazel who cautiously looked around the garden. "Hazel," Gar called placing a hand on her shoulder making her shudder slightly. "Haze? Are you okay?"