𝟎𝟎𝟐 Bird's Opening

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨Ⅱ 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨
Ⅱ 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

HAZEL HAD PACKED A SMALL DUFFLE BAG OF THINGS AND GRABBED A SECOND BAG FOR HER SUIT. Kory walked to her door and knocked slightly on the door. "We leave in fifteen," Kory relayed in a soft voice, a small smile on her face. Hazel hummed softly and zipped up her bag. "Listen I didn't mean-"

"You did though," Hazel interrupted. She grabbed her bags and walked past Kory. Gar glanced up at her as she past him in the kitchen. He held his tongue and turned back to the drink in his hands.

Conner and Kory didn't feel it, and he placed bets neither would Dawn or Hank. But it felt like a weight was crushing his bones. It felt like his skin was on fire. He couldn't believe that Jason was gone. Even as close as Gar and Jason were, it always seemed Hazel and Jay were closer. Gar wanted to talk to Hazel but she would lie, she always did. 

Wayne Manor, Gotham City

"THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE," DICK SAID. He stood with his arms crossed in front of everyone. Conner, Hazel and Gar poked around the Batcave, picking things and spinning them around before very carefully setting them back in place. "I wish it was under better circumstances."

Kory chuckled softly. "Nobody calls us under better circumstances," Kory hummed and Dawn nodded in agreement.

"I appreciate you for coming. But I should warn you, you're not in San Francisco," Dick warned. This city breeds a special class of criminals. People die here. Not just regular people. People like us." Gar glance up at Jason's old Robin suit, the crushing weight coming back. "I don't wanna lose anybody else."

"We know what we're up against," Dawn spoke up. "You're family. We'd never let you do this alone."

"Can we see the Batsuit?" Conner asked, raising his hand.

"No," Dick answered and put his hands in his back pockets.

"The Batmobile?" Conner asked again.

"Guys!" Kory snapped.

"What? He made me ask," Conner motioned to Gar who scoffed.

"I did not. Dick," Gar muttered.

"There'll be enough time for all of that, but right now we need to focus on the task at hand," Dick spoke up. "Word's out in Gotham that Batman's gone. News like that travels fast. So we'll have our hands full. Get some food. Get some rest. Could be a long night."

"Incoming call from Barbara Gordon," The automatic voice called.

"Think it's already started," Hazel said, crossing her arms. Dick took his phone out and turned away from the others. Conner and Gar ran off, searching deeper into the Batcave.