𝟎𝟎𝟖 Toxin

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Ⅷ 𝒕𝒐𝒙𝒊𝒏

THE MOON ILLUMINATED THE FRONT CAR PARK. Hazel wandered around the front of the Motel, using her vines to pull a coke can from the drinks machine. Once Hazel grabbed it she wandered to Gar who sat on a nearby bench. "Did you steal that?" Gar teased, sitting on top of the bench.

Hazel hummed and sat on the seat, "You saw me, so why ask?"

Gar shrugged, "Wanted to see what lie you come up with." Hazel laughed softly, popping open the can. "Hey, how'd you do that? You broke through to Rachel."

"It's not so much breaking through," Hazel mumbled. "When her eyes go dark, her vision does as well, so if I brighten my eyes enough she can see it. It's more of a 'hey, I'm here'."

"Smart," Gar hummed.

"Can I ask you something?" Hazel asked, taking a sip from her coke. Gar nodded. "Does it hurt? When you... tiger up," Hazel laughed softly.

Gar laughed slightly as well and slid into the seat next to her.

"Close your eyes," Gar ordered softly. Hazel raised her eyebrows slightly. "I'm not gonna do anything weird. Well, not that weird."

"Last I looked away from you, you 'untransformed' and stood in front of me naked," Hazel reminded laughing softly.

Gar groaned softly and shook his head, "Just close your eyes." Hazel sighed softly and closed her eyes. "Take a deep breath." Hazel breathed in deeply. "Now imagine electricity running through your whole body. It doesn't hurt. It just feels like you get plugged into something. Then you start to feel strong, like like, really strong. And when you breathe, it's like you're breathing in the whole world."

Gar paused and he let his eyes trail over Hazel's face. "Feel it?" Gar asked softly and Hazel nodded slightly. "You feel totally free. All that strength.

You wanna run, you wanna jump, you wanna break shit. You feel like you can do anything. And you wanna roar. Not because you're angry, but because you just wanna let it all out. So, roar."

Hazel let out a breath and imitated a roar, laughing slightly at herself afterwards making Gar chuckle. "That's what it's like," Gar mumbled.

Hazel looked at Gar and smiled. "Gimme your hand," Hazel said softly. Gar shifted and took his hand from his pocket, the other still holding his hot drink.