𝟎𝟏𝟎 The Pit

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧Ⅹ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒕

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧
Ⅹ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒕

COLE AND HAZEL SAT ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER. Cole's hands rested on Hazel's palm. Cole's eyes lit a bright green as he focused on growing a small white flower. It blossomed for a moment before fading.

Cole cursed and flung himself back onto the floor. "You'll get there," Hazel encouraged, chuckling softly. Their phones buzzed and she slid next to Cole who pulled his out.

"Gotham City used to have a protector, a guardian angel," Crane's voice echoed from the live broadcast as a projection of Batman's symbol was shown. "But Batman abandoned Gotham and left Nightwing and his friends in his place." Short video's flashed on the screen displaying Nightwing, Starfire, Superboy, Beastboy and Venom.

"What the hell?" Hazel mumbled.

"And what has Nightwing done?" Crane continued. "He's robbing you. Poisoning the very water you drink, the water you give to your children. Nightwing is a criminal. Protected by Gotham City Police. Only you can stop him. There will be a $50,000 reward paid to the person who brings him in. Dead or alive." The Titans appeared on screen with wanted posters and Hazel took a breath.

"But take heart, Gotham, a new hero will rise, and you will know his name. Red Hood." A photo of Red Hood was projected and Cole cautiously looked up at Hazel.

"How screwed are we?" Cole questioned.

Hazel sighed and pushed herself to her feet. "Extremely. You stay inside got it? Don't leave unless I say."

HAZEL STOOD BESIDE CONNER AND GAR AS DOZENS OF PEOPLE FOUGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. "How do we tell the good guys from the bad guys?" Conner asked, taking a small step forward.

"No clue. Your guess is as good as mine," Gar sighed as he walked forward.

A man with a large knife stepped towards Hazel and she raised her hands. "Hey man, you wanna drop the knife and take a sec?" Hazel questioned. He growled at her and ran forward. She threw her hand up and his legs got caught in vines. The knife slipped from his grasp and Hazel quickly turned it to sand.

"Maybe it wasn't a good idea, me staying here," Dick grained, his voice echoing through their earpieces.

"No. You got a $50,000 bounty on your head. It'd only make things worse," Kory reminded.

"I got another one," Gar called. "Ah! Come on, pal."

"Looks like the worst of it is over," Dick spoke with a huff.

"Hold that thought," Kory ordered, her hand pressing to the earpiece. Conner, Gar, and Blackfire joined her as another mob stalked towards them.

"Why would say anything?" Hazel groaned.