𝟎𝟏𝟒 Scarecrow

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ⅱ 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒘

HAZEL GRABBED THE LAST OF HER THINGS FROM THE MANOR AND SHOVED THEM IN A BAG. She only paused when a knock sounded on the door. Jason stood at the entrance, his hands shoved in his pockets. "I got a new phone, just in case you wanted the number," Jason spoke, displaying the phone.

"I thought you wanted me to stop calling," Hazel muttered, slinging the bag over her shoulder.

Jason sighed, "So did I."

Hazel walked to him and snatched the phone. "If you need me," Hazel put her contact in and sent herself a text. "I'd come to you." Hazel nodded and walked past him down to Dick who stood in the bar. "Hey, Dick."

"Hey," Dick called, pouring himself a drink. He pulled out another glass and made one for Hazel. "You get everything?" Hazel nodded and Dick slid the glass to her. "I didn't realize dying was that bad. Is it like that every time?"

"Pretty much," Hazel confirmed and took the drink. "Can I ask a favor?" Dick nodded and slid the bottle onto the shelf. "I wanna see Scarecrow. I've been working on a venom, one that will really hurt him, make him scared."

Dick took a breath and turned to face Hazel. "Are you sure?"

"Positive. He's the reason Hank and Tim died, why Jason went bad and he blew up half of Gotham. He deserves it." Hazel downed the rest of the drink.

Dick nodded, "Well make a stop. Where's Terran and Cole?" Dick questioned.

"Cole's introducing Terran to his mom," Hazel chuckled softly. "Some people get to do that I guess." Hazel slid the glass to Dick and picked up her bag. "I'll see you later."

THE AIRPORT WAS EMPTY AND THE SUN CRACKED THROUGH GOTHAM CLOUDS TO WARM THEIR SKIN. Hazel sat on top of her bags, watching Cole trying to grow flowers on his palms. "Just don't think," Terran ordered, standing behind Hazel.

"Don't think?" Cole repeated with a scoff. "I get into peoples minds. If there's one thing I can do it's think." Kory paced around her hands on her hips. Conner and Tim stood by each other watching her. Gar and Rachel stood with the siblings when Rachel pulled Terran away.

"Hey, I wanted to ask... When we were at the Pit you said you were falling for me," Rachel recalled and Terran reached up to rub the back of her neck in nervousness. "Did you mean that?"

"Well, it was a kind of an in-the-moment thing, because I was scared and I thought I'd get it off my chest," Terran rambled, her words melting together. Rachel smiled softly and Terran took a breath. "I meant it."