𝟎𝟏𝟎 Blood and Nightmares

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Ⅹ 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔

CADMAS Laboratories, San Francisco

10:32 pm

TERROR FLOWED THROUGH HER LIKE A WAKING NIGHTMARE. Hazel exhaled softly, her eyes threatening to drop as the doctors moved around. IVs connected to her arms, patches that monitored her heart and vitals stuck to her chest. A thick gooey, blue substance was injected into her blood and in a few seconds, her mind went foggy.

Her heart sped but she felt numb. "Gar..." Hazel mumbled, her eyes closing for a moment. Please, for the love of god, don't hurt him like this. "Terran..." A second syringe was picked up and added to her blood. Hazel's eyes closed again and her heart dropped and it felt like her ribs cracked. 

The beeping of her heart rate slowed and the doctors started to panic. "What did you do?" Mercy questioned, stepping closer to Hazel.

"I'm not sure," The doctor answered, looking over the different drugs that were administered. "There's something in her body reacting to our drugs."

Hazel's heart rate slowed to a stop and Hazel let out a final shaky breath as the flatline echoed through the room. "Congratulations doctor, you just lost one of our biggest assets," Mercy snapped.

Hazel opened her eyes, and the familiar feeling of lavender rubbed against her skin. Hazel scrambled to her feet. Sun shone down on her skin and she looked up at the bright blue sky. "No, no, no, no..." Hazel took a breath and steadied her hands.

She looked around the landscape. The grass still stretched as if it would never end, birds soared above her head, and the oak trees stood tall. Hazel narrowed her gaze and walked towards the trees. Hazel ran her and across the trunk. Ash fell from the wood as fingers touched it and the leaves started to wither.

A ghostly whispering noise echoed from the woods and Hazel ran back to the fields. "Let me out!" Hazel screeched to the wind. "Let me out! I wanna wake up! Let me wake up!"