𝟎𝟏𝟏 The Safe House

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Ⅺ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

HAZEL RUSHED THROUGH THE DOORS OF THE SAFE HOUSE, TOSSING HER JACKET AWAY. "Hazel! Dick called, following her to her designated room, the others spreading around the lounge room or their rooms. "Let me explain."

"I know why you did it," Hazel huffed, keeping her back turned as she looked out the window. "You were worried about Rachel and it was the first time you had seen me. You put two and two together and thought it was best to tell me after or let me figure it out on my own. Depending on how much you wanted to live up to your name... Dick."

Dick sighed softly and set his hands in his pockets. "Am I right?" Hazel questioned in a softer tone.

"Yeah," Dick mumbled.

Hazel nodded and grew an orange flower. "Rub it on your cuts, they'll heal," Hazel advised, walking past him.

"You're not going to kill me?" Dick questioned, following her to the kitchen.

"Considering you are the only reason I have a... house... no. You are safe," Hazel hummed.

"Okay," Dick nodded, smiling softly. "Let's get some rest," Dick told the group. Hazel grabbed a pop from the fridge and wandered back to her room.

Gar sighed softly and followed after Hazel. Gar paused and knocked on the door. "Hey," Gar called, stepping into the room.

"Hey Gar," Hazel smiled, tossing her jacket to the side.

"I just wanted to check on you." Gar sat on the large armchair.

"You don't have to, I'm okay," Hazel nodded, falling against the bed.

Gar squinted slightly and relaxed further in the chair. "You don't mind if I stay with you then," Gar mumbled, closing his eyes. "Y'know, keep you company."

Hazel sighed and grabbed the top blanket, tossing it at Gar who jolted slightly when it hit his face. "So you don't freeze." Hazel turned away, and Gar smiled.

The next morning, Hazel lay across the top of the table, staring up at the ceiling. "Can I have some thyme please?" Rachel asked, stirring together the eggs. Hazel waved her hand and spotted thyme on the countertop next to Rachel's hand. "Gonna have to get used to that. You don't need a connection at all now?"

Hazel shook her head and pushed herself up, moving to the coffee machine that beeped. Hazel played with the cuffs of her large jacket and she filled her cup with coffee and sugar. "So, you and Gar?"

"He stayed in my room Rache, we are not Dick and Kory," Hazel hummed, pouring the milk into one of the mugs, cursing slightly as she nearly dropped some on her pants.