Chapter 5

After the breakfast, Sabine left her to attend her classes and Chiron came over to her. "Did you sleep well Adele?" he asked. "Yeah, and um, thank you for the clothes." she said. Chiron smiled warmly at her. "My pleasure." he said. "Shall we have a camp tour?" he asked. Adele nodded and Chiron led Adele around the camp.

After the tour, Chiron took her to the Big House, where the camp staffs stayed. There, she met Mr.D, who was really Dionysus. Actually, Adele wasn't very surprised, the god looked very familiar to her. Mr. D looked quite surprised at the fact that she didn't instantly hate him. But was he really? Sure, he wasn't a person easy to like, but Adele didn't mind him. 

After the meeting with Mr. D and an orientation that also felt very familiar, she went to the camp store with her drachmas and bough herself more jeans, a black camp t-shirt and a pair of combat boots, she switched her shoes, and left her sneakers in the Hermes Cabin cabinet, beside her rolled up sleeping bag. 

Morning went by in a flash, she met Sabine in lunchtime, she took her to her classes, somehow Chiron had noticed taht Sabine and Adele had become friends and gave Sabine responsibility to take care of her in the camp until she got used to the camp. Which, Adele didn't mind, she really needed help fining her classes. 

Her first class was sword fighting. Sabine's class was too so they went to the battling arena together. The demigod who taught sword fighting was Sam, he was one of the senior campers and a Hermes's child. Adele had met him before, so she was very relieved to see him. 
Sword fighting was quite hard for Adele, and Sam decided to take her to the weaponry to find the right weapon to her. "So, your name is Adele, right?" he asked, ruffling his almost white, blond hair. "Yeah, and your Sam, right?" she asked. Sam nodded. "How old are you? I'm 20" he said. "I'm 13." She replied. Sam nodded again. "I should have gotten out of camp, but Chiron asked me to stay and teach sword fighting." he said. Grinning. "Wow, you must be really good." Adele said. "I guess?" he asked. 

They walked in silence after that, which Adele didn't mind, she really didn't know how to talk to him. "So, this is the weaponry." Sam said after a few more minutes of walking. Adele looked ahead and saw a small hut. "Follow me, and be careful, there are lots of sharp things." he said.
Adele stepped cautiously after Sam. She gasped as she saw the weaponry. It was awesome. "So, check them out, and pick a weapon that calls to you." Sam said, stepping back. Adele nodded, her eyes wide. Instantly, her feet led her to the bow and arrow section, they looked awesome, but after staring at them for a moment, she decided to check out the other weapons, finally, she stopped in front of a small chest. "What's in here?" she asked, pointing to the chest. For a moment, something flashed across Sam's face, but Adele supposed it was lights playing tricks to her. "There is a bracelet whip in there." he said. He went over to her and opened it, where a beautiful silver bracelet the shape of a snake with ruby eyes were glinting. Adele felt a strange tingle as she reached for the bracelet, she lifted it and put it on her wrist. It felt right. 
"I think I'll have this." she breathed, the silver light was somehow seducing her, calling her. "Sure." she heard Sam say in the background. Strange ringing filled her ears. And the last thing she saw was the ground coming close to her.