Chapter 27

Adelle pushed opened the manhole with a grunt. It opened with a ear rattling screech. "Yeeee" Adelle cried and shielded her eyes as rust fell to her. "What's that sound supposed to be?" Mark asked from behind her, sounding very amused. "Non of your business." Adelle muttered under her breath. Her cheeks flushed with heat. 

With a grunt, Adelle emerged from the manhole to find... They were in the middle of the forest. "Great. Middle of nowhere." Mark muttered as he poked his head out. "Well, at least it wasn't in the middle of a road." Adelle said as she helped Sabine up who sighed with frustration when she saw the towering trees. 

"Let's wait until dawn so I can look at the stars and navigate." Sabine announced and the other two demigods who had no idea to propose all agreed. "I'll go get some fire woods." Mark said. "Yells as loud as you can if you need help." Adelle called to him as Mark left deeper into the forest. He just waved his hand. 

Adelle started to scrap some dry leaves for the fire as well while Sabine rummaged around her bag for something to eat. 

All Sabine can find was three protein bars. "Well... looks like we will have to go hunting." Adelle muttered. "Yeah... I guess." Sabine said as she started to nudge the pile of leaves with a stick. 
Soon, Mark came with a armful of dried sticks and dumped beside the leaves. "Thanks." Adelle said and produced a match from her back pack, placed the dried leaves on top the sticks and set it ablaze.