𝟙 | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕘𝕦𝕪

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕘𝕦𝕪
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟙 - 𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕥
◇─────────────────◇

After the accident, Lissa spent some time at the Dashkov residence. She needed the space to process and mourn the loss of her family.

Once, all she had to worry about was which outfit she would wear to the next party or how many classes she had that day. Now her mind was clouded by many questions to which she didn't seem to have any answers.

Would her life ever feel normal again?

Would she be able to fill the void their death has left?

Would Rose still want to be her Guardian after they graduated?

Her mood has not been pleasant, of course, but her returning to the academy helped a little. It would be the first time she saw her cousin and Rose after the funeral and that made her a bit nervous.

She was currently sitting in a car with tinted windows because it was midday and the sun was out.

At the academy, Delilah was slowly making her way to the front of the school. She was shadowed by her guardian, Anya Tanner.

Everywhere she went Anya was always not far behind. She was assigned to Delilah when the girl was around ten years old. The relationship between them resembled more of a mother-daughter kind than a Guardian and their Moroi.

Growing up, Delilah was raised by her father, the brother of Lissa's father. She didn't know her mother and after some time stopped caring where or who she was. The only thing that was left of her was her name, Irina.

Her resentment of Irina wasn't always so strong. It only strengthen after her father told her how she left.

As she was nearing the front of the school, Rose suddenly appeared next to her. Walking normally as if she was always there.

"You're skipping class aren't you?" asked Delilah already knowing the answer.

"We both know I wouldn't miss Lissa's arrival."

Their friendship wasn't as strong as Lissa's and Rose's but it was still pretty tight. They both felt the same need to protect the Dragomir princess.

"What were you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you are a little out of breath, I didn't know I could walk faster than a Dhampir."

This made Rose chuckle.

"I was looking if I could see her car."

Delilah raised one of her dark eyebrows as a sign for Rose to continue.

"I might have jumped from a roof when I saw her and then ran here."

"Of course you did."

"Did you expect something else, m'lady?" Rose smirked at her then, earning a light shove from her friend.

The school grounds were empty as a result of everyone sleeping through the day. It was nice, having a moment of quiet to themselves for a change.

When they reached where Lissa was supposed to be arriving, they saw her car parking. As she exited the vehicle Lissa spread the black parasol that matched Delilah's.

"Lisa," was all Rose muttered before hurrying to her best friend.

Suddenly she could feel a hand on her shoulder and a tall man stood in front of her.