𝟝. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕣

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕣
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟚 - 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙. 𝔸𝕚𝕣. 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣. 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖.
◇─────────────────◇

Delilah was waiting for Viktor to leave so she could see Lissa. She had been allowed to see her before the ceremony but she would have to leave and watch it outside like everyone else.

"I'll see you out there," that was her sign to enter the room.

"Cousin," Lissa muttered when she saw Delilah. "I didn't think you were coming."

"Excuse me? Of course, I was, it's your Specialization Ceremony and that's a pretty big deal."

Seeing her words only made Lissa more stressed, she quickly looked around and then stepped closer.

"You haven't specialized, have you?"

The princess's brows raised while a look of shock appeared on her face.

"I...how do you know?"

"How do I know? I mean, your sudden questions about Sonya, being more secretive and those private meetings with Christian didn't help."

The girls were standing opposite of each other and when Delilah looked to her right she could see Dimitri standing guard.

"But it's okay, I'm not going to judge you or report you or something. I'm just a bit sad you didn't tell me," her face showed every emotion she was feeling. Sadness, hurt and something Lissa could only compare to understanding. 

It made sense, Lissa and Rose knew each other better. They have been best friends for a very long time and Delilah transferred to the academy only three years ago. Even though it did make sense for her to trust Rose more than her own cousin it still hurt.

"I wanted to tell you but after hearing that the ceremony would be so soon I didn't think about telling you, my mind was trying to find a way to specialize."

"It's alright, I know. But next time just tell me, I can help you," Delilah smiled sadly at her. "Well, I think I should go, it should start anytime soon. I know you will do great."

As she turned to leave, Lissa realised that the ceremony would start soon which resulted in her hyperventilating again. All the stress was coming back in one swing, hitting a lot harder.

"Lissa? What's wrong?" Delilah turned back to the princess, she took two steppes to her and put her hands on her shoulders.

"Breath with me, just in and out," she was trying to calm her down again. "It's okay, everything will be okay. I'm right he-"

Suddenly she couldn't see Lissa anymore, she was at Rose's tribunal. As she looked around she could almost sense the emotions she was feeling. This must have been the bond they were always talking about.

As suddenly as it came it was gone and she was staring into her cousin's eyes again. Those big brown eyes, full of concern and worry. She must have noticed something had happened.

It looked like she was going to ask what it was before they were interrupted.

"Lissa," Rose sighed when she saw the cousins holding each other.

"Rose," a smile appeared on Lissa's face as she saw her Rose.

Stepping away from the princess, Delilah was feeling confused. Everything was happening so fast.

"Wait, how did you even get in here? Dimitri..."

"Has just shown why I should be your Guardian. He didn't even see me. What's wrong? I could feel your panic. Are you okay?" Rose stopped right in front of her and hugged her tightly.