𝟟. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟛. - 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙
◇─────────────────◇

Mason was currently charming the library security while Rose stood outside. As she was looking around her eyes set upon Dimitri hugging a woman. Her gaze didn't turn to Mason as he came back, not even when he spoke.

"You owe me one, Hathaway," an elderly woman approached Dimitri and handed the woman a baby. "Last time I charmed library security into an after-hours favour, I couldn't shake her for a month. I would think of a couple of ways you could thank me."

"Don't worry, I'll find a way," she turned to him, smirking.

Before they left Rose turned back at Dimitri seeing him smile at the baby. Her thoughts went to Delilah. She knew they were becoming friends but she as well as Lissa and some others wondered if their feeling were really just platonic.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Delilah was making her way to a shop with masks where Lissa and Mia were waiting for her. Once she arrived her cousin was already holding a mask. It was white with feathers, the whole thing being from ceramic or at least something that looked like it.

After greeting them she sat down next to Mia on the sofa. It appeared their conversation was about how the council approved of using the Psi Hounds.

"The last time they let the Psi Hounds out, they tore through an entire farming village outside the gates before wrangling them back into their cages," Mia told them when Delilah was finally settled.

"I tried to say something, but I'm new, so why would they listen to me?"

"You're gonna have to navigate the council sooner or later, now that you're head of family. Is that the mask you're wearing to the Death Watch?"

"Yeah," She put the mask on the pillow and smiled at the lady holding it before she took it away.

"Which one do you want?" Lissa asked innocently, not knowing about the rules of the Death Watch.

"Must be nice, Lissa. Living by your own rules, oblivious to the real world."

"The Death Watch is for Royals only," Delilah clarified, sadness evident in her voice. It frustrated her she and many others weren't allowed to participate.  

"Wait, what? Mia..." But she was already out the door. Before Delilah could say anything, someone spoke.

"Don't let her get to you. Girls like her only exist to make other people feel bad about themselves," the voice belonged to Tatiana. Delilah heard some things about her. She was a niece of the High Priestess.

"I had no idea the Non-Royals were excluded. Non-Royals died at St. Jude's too."

"Hmm, this Dominion and its traditions," she made her way towards the masks, giving both girls a full view of her back. She was looking at all the options.

"You're Tatiana Vogel, right? I should know that. I'm sorry," Lissa apologised.

"No. I didn't grow up at court. My mother sent me here a few months ago to study religious studies with my aunt, High Priestess Irene," she turned to them with a rose golden crown with diamonds in it, holding it in her hands.

"But I was a friend of your brother, Andre's. He knew the council needed to modernize or the young Moroi will never engage. That's why you are what we need," she started slowly walking towards the princess. "You have the power to change things, even now."