𝟚𝟘. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕕𝕠𝕨-𝕜𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕕

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕕𝕠𝕨-𝕜𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕕
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟟. - 𝕓𝕖𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤
◇─────────────────◇

"They're here," Dimitri said before walking towards them. As he stopped in front of them, his eyes scanned to room. Rose did the same and they non-verbally agreed about the plan that was brewing between them.

After nodding at each other, Rose started walking towards the door that was opposite the entrance. She opened it, noting there was only one window and let the Morois inside.

"Please stay safe," Delilah whispered as she walked past Dimitri while giving his hand a tight squeeze. Her fear was evident in her voice and even though he knew he had to let her go, Dimitri found himself contemplating staying, just to keep her close.

As Rose was closing the door Clarice stopped her, looking deep into her eyes.

"You knew they were coming. You can sense them in your gut."

After a moment of silence, they could hear from behind the now-closed door, that the fighting had begun. Adrian was leaning against the bathtub with Lissa to his left and Delilah to his right.

The commotion grew louder making the tension between them even higher. Lissa was swaying slightly to release some stress while taking deep breaths. Delilah found herself unable to help her cousin to calm down as she tugged and twisted her hands nervously.

She didn't even know she was doing it and noticed only after she felt her nails pierce the skin on her thumb. Looking at what she had done, Delilah released something. She didn't fear for her life or Rose's, which would make her feel incredibly guilty afterwards, but she feared for the other Guardian outside.

She feared for Dimitri's well-being, not because he was their only real protection or because she had some small crush on him. But because, after the time they spent together Delilah had slowly fallen in love with him.

Her heart started to race even faster at the realisation. She was in love with Dimitri.

"Hey," Adrian's voice brought her back as he tried to calm her cousin down. "Hey, listen, you're assuming that Vladimir forced his Darkness onto Anna, but what if she took it? Isn't that what we learned in Sunday school, the holy devotion of Shadow-Kissed Anna?"

"What is Shadow-Kissed?" Her browser furrowed even more. "I mean, how does any of this even makes sense?"

The commotion outside quieted lightly when Clarice looked at them.

"This is one of the parts of Vladimir's story the authorities wanted to expunge because the Spirit Bond was the fruit of Vladimir's ultimate sin," before she could continue the window next to the bathtub shattered.

Screaming could be heard as a Strigoi was trying to get through it. After a moment Delilah released that the Strigoi was the little girl that was kicking the ball against the concrete just around ten minutes ago.

Hearing Lissa call out to her, the door suddenly opened by the one she was trying to summon. Rose walked inside, leaving the door open wide before attacking the Strigoi. Delilah looked through the doorway and she could see Dimitri fighting off at least three Strigois.

Not hesitating for even a second she rushed right out of the bathroom, ignoring the shouts of protest from her friends.

Before all of this when they were just talking Delilah noticed that even though the apartment was closed off Clarice managed to grow a few plants. Connecting to the one closest to her, she used her magic to make it grow. Not only that but she actually wrapped it around the leg of the Strigoi that tried to attack Dimitri from behind.