𝟠. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕢𝕦𝕠𝕣𝕦𝕞

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕢𝕦𝕠𝕣𝕦𝕞
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟛. - 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙
◇─────────────────◇

Lissa was already inside but the Guardian was not letting the non-Royals inside. Mia and Delilah were sitting on a bench close to the entrance. After they were turned away from entering their mood turned sour.

"Royal's only," said the same Guardian to another pair, making Delilah stand up. She had enough.

"It seems he's not gonna budge, so I'm out of here," she stated while turning to Mia. "I'm going to see Rose, she should be with the other off-duty Guardians at a bar, you could join me if you like." 

Mia looked at the Guardian and then back at Delilah.

"I'm going to wait a bit longer," staying sited Mia smiled softly at the girl in front of her. "But thank you."

Before Mia could see how surprised it made Delilah to hear her thank her, the Dragomir turned and walked away.

After changing into the dress and boots she left in Lissa's room she made her way to the Dhampir bar.

Nearing the bar she didn't hear the usual music or see almost anyone outside. Walking through the door she saw why. Everyone stood in a circle with Janine in the centre.

"To our fallen brothers and sisters at St. Jude's," she said raising her glass over her head. After that, she spoke old Moroi looking at all of them. As they answered also in old Moroi their glasses were raised like hers.

"One in three Guardians will fall in the line of duty," everyone including Janine who was giving them the speech, put their hands back down. "Most of us have lost someone. That's why we gather tonight. While the Royals mourn their dead, we mourn ours. Let the call-out begin."

The Dhampirs who were standing in front of the fireplace walked to the side, leaving the space free.

"To Grayson, who saved my life," Janine raised her glass once more before drinking it whole and throwing it into the fire.

"For Yasmine, who made me laugh," Alberta did the same, her voice tender with memories.

Dimitri took a step forward. "For Alexei, who helped me find the meaning of honour," he threw the glass harder than the women before him. After hearing the name Delilah remembered who Alexei was.

As the other Dhampirs continued, Sonya walked from behind Delilah.

"Hello Delilah, it's nice to see you here."

The said girl turned her head towards her friend, a soft smile appearing on her face.

"It's nice to see you too, Sonya."

The music started to play again making Sonya walk towards Mikhail.

Everyone was dancing and laughing, it was a contrast with how the Morois mourned. While they sulked and talked quietly with each other, the Dhampirs honoured the memory of the deceased with dance and drinks.

Delilah was currently watching them while leaning against a wooden column. She was smiling but when she made eye contact with Rose, she knew her friend wouldn't let her just stand there. And that's exactly what happened.