𝟙𝟡. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕔

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕔
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟟. - 𝕓𝕖𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤
◇─────────────────◇

Dimitri was speeding away from the club while the others put their seatbelts on. Adrian sat in the passenger seat, leaving the three girls sitting together in the back. Lissa was sitting behind him with Rose in the middle and Delilah behind Dimitri.

"I don't see anyone following," Dimitri spoke as he adjusted the review mirror. His tone was calm and collected in contrast with how the others still breathed heavily.

"What the hell was that back there?" Adrian asked after settling in his seat. He turned his face slightly towards the back to indicate he was asking the girls.

"There were Strigoi," Rose answered plainly.

"I didn't see any Strigoi."

"They were there, trust me," she didn't feel the need to explain how she knew they were there.

Silence filled the car as everyone was trying to make sense of what happened. Lissa's thoughts focused on the moment they were leaving the private party, she remembered how close Dimitri and her cousin were dancing.

A frown appeared on her face so she turned her head towards Delilah. Rose noticed her sudden movement and looked at her only to look at Delilah the moment Lissa whispered, "what the hell was that back there? Not the Strigoi."

It was Delilah's turn to crease her eyebrows. Seeing how her cousin appeared to be confused Lissa raised her brow towards the Guardian sitting in front of Delilah. A realisation went through her and she blushed with a soft smile making its way to her face.

"Took you long enough," Rose decided to mutter with a growing smirk earning a light smack to the shoulder.

"I like it," Lissa was smiling at her cousin. Delilah cleared her throat, trying to ease the tension growing inside her. The thought of them being accepting made her calm down ever so slightly.

"Okay, stop staring at me, just tell us where we're going."

"A little moonlight boat ride, anyone?" Lissa leaned forward, her voice sounding a little too smug for their liking. The only one that seemed to know what she meant was Adrian who was smirking at Dimitri.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Delilah walked through a door towards Dimitri who was leaning on the railing staring at the city they were passing. At the sound of her footsteps nearing him, he turned his face slightly and gave her a soft smile in greeting which she returned.

"They're down there, brainstorming questions for their heretic. It's the nerdiest I've ever seen them. And it seems Rose isn't going to leave Lissa's side anytime soon," she spoke while trying to suppress a shiver. The boat was moving fast which made the deck windy and cold. It didn't help she was wearing only a light jacket on top of her sweater.

"Keep warm," Dimitri opened his long coat, offering her space inside. Once she settled, the warmth enveloping her, Delilah rested her head against his chest.

"Do you ever think about another life? Being more than just a Dhampir servant they think of you as?" Her tone turned sour at the word servant. It made her sick to know there were vampires who thought that the Dhampirs were just mere pawns in their game.

"A life outside the Dominion. While we were dancing, you wanted that freedom too," Delilah continued, her voice softening as she looked up at him.

After a moment when they just looked into each other's eyes, Dimitri pulled her in front of him, closing the coat around her tighter. It felt nice to just hold her and keep her warm.