𝟛. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟚 - 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙. 𝔸𝕚𝕣. 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣. 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖.
◇─────────────────◇

The news of Vasilisa Dragomir being named the heir spread quickly. By the morning everyone knew about it. It has shocked the whole dominion.

Now, in Lissa's room, Viktor was pacing, Mia was sitting and typing something, while Lissa was getting her new gown fitted.

Delilah came to the room and took a seat on the princess's bed.

"Okay, Mia will help you prepare," Viktor's pacing ceased while he talked and planned what to do next, "She studied up on all of this."

"When I thought I would be queen."

"Did Rose lose her phone privileges? I haven't heard from her," asked Lissa, Rose being the only thing on her mind right now. Well, not the only thing, she couldn't stop thinking about how her future was ruined by becoming the heir.

"I don't know. The Guardians handle their own punishments."

"My punishment being queen?"

Viktor sighed, leaning against his cane for support. He was getting more sick every day and it was starting to show.

"After this, Mia will run you through political tutorials of all twelve Heads of Family."

"Mostly gossips and backstabbers," muttered Mia loud enough for the girls to hear her.

Delilah nodded her head, silently agreeing with her. Even if she wasn't part of any Royal family it was impossible to not know this.

"The best way to get their vote is for them to think you're their new best friend," Viktor offered a piece of advice.

"Fine, but this entire thing is ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous is you not wanting to be queen," Mia couldn't help but utter.

"Why would I want to do something I'm completely unprepared to do? This was Andre's thing, not mine."

"I think we can both agree that you're no Andre."

"Mia," both Viktor and Delilah said quickly.

"Sorry," not really meaning it, Mia apologised.

"If only he were still here, right?" Lissa stared at Mia while talking, "then you'd be queen, and everyone would still be hopeful about the future, and I'd have my family back."

This made Delilah stand up and walk towards the soon-to-be queen. Putting her arms on her shoulders squeezing lightly.

"Lissa, it will all be alright. The people are delighted about you which means they know you will make a great queen," she smiled at her cousin, hoping the words would calm her down a bit.

"Hey. Everyone is hopeful about the future. You're unsullied by faction politics. Everyone's excited about you, at least, everyone who matters," Viktor tried to relax the princess his own way, not really making it sound better.

Delilah dropped her hands from Lissa's shoulders, still not leaving her side.

"Now I need to head to the Council. Everyone's gathering to discuss your Specialization Ceremony."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah. It's just a nice gentle way to get campaign season started. Everyone loves a good faction competition, up on the big screen so the entire dominion can invest in you," Viktor smiled at her, leaving the room.