𝟚𝟚. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟠. - 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝𝕤
◇─────────────────◇

As Meredith exited the tent where she was helping Christian with his magic she bumped into someone.

"What the-"

"Sorry," Delilah said as she regained her footing.

"Well, look at that. What have I done to be honoured with bumping into not one but two Dragomirs?" Meredith asked, the sarcasm dripping from her question. But even though her words might have sounded harsh she smiled at her friend.

"I wanted to ask you," the girl started before stepping closer and whispering. "I know what you're doing for Christian and I wanted to ask if you could help me as well."

"Weren't you secretly training with Dimitri?"

"Yeah, well, not anymore," Delilah said, somewhat awkwardly. "Please, will you help me?"

The Dhampir sighed and looked towards the sky. It was a very sunny day and so even while standing under a tree Delilah didn't put her parasol down. Meredith thought for a solid minute before answering.

"Fine but you can't tell anyone-" hearing that the Moroi threw her hands around her friend, almost knocking both of them to the ground.

"Of course, thank you so much."

"Okay, let go now," Meredith muttered while lightly pushing the girl from her.

"Where are you headed?" Delilah questioned trying to keep her excitement at a minimum.

"Just the dorms, I need to clean up."

"Can I come with you? Rose should be awake now."

"Sure," Meredith said as they started making their way towards the Dhampir dormitories.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Okay, but what about St. Jude's?" Was the first thing the girls heard as they entered the room.

"That's how she lost her shot at being queen and almost took out the rest of her bloodline," Meredith answered while walking closer with Delilah by her side.

"Okay, but what do Strigoi care about who's queen or not?:" Mason asked as he leaned on the table.

"They don't, or at least, they didn't use to," Rose spoke, her brows furrowing at the thought of it being even a possibility.

The four of them stood around a small round table that was cluttered with paper. Delilah started looking through it when she got her hands on a picture.

"So you think that someone inside the royal court is conspiring with Strigoi to take Lissa out?"

At that moment Rose noticed Dimitri walking outside with his hands behind his back. Her cheeks flushed as she looked at her friend next to her and then back out of the window. He was still there and the anger was rising within her. She needed to talk to him.

"I think we should accept that anything is possible," Rose responded before rushing outside.

Delilah didn't notice it as she was preoccupied with what was in front of her. It was a picture of her two second cousins. They were laying dead with dirt and dried blood on their faces. She could feel the growing sadness from how even if they weren't that close she missed them deeply.

But sorrow wasn't the only thing she was feeling. A sudden rush of anger went through her but it was almost like the feeling wasn't her own.

Deciding to put down the paper she looked up and saw Mason clenching his jaw while Meredith looked at him with sympathy.