𝟛𝟘. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟙𝟘. - 𝕒𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟
◇─────────────────◇

The clock was ticking away the time until sundown making everything even more stressful. After their painful experience both Rose and Delilah calmed down and were able to continue with the others.

The Guardians were all facing the inactive Wards as they prepared themselves for what was about to come. Delilah was standing next to Dimitri who hadn't left her side since she almost collapsed.

He wasn't the only one keeping his eyes closely on her. Anya, after not seeing her Moroi for such a long time, couldn't help the feeling of protectiveness growing inside of her.

Two Guardians approached them with Mia, Lissa and Christian walking behind them. As they neared Meredith turned towards them. The moment she saw Mia looking at the ground with a parasol in hand, the Novice released a sigh of relief and stepped towards her.

Delilah didn't watch their interaction as she noticed Christian helping Lissa walk to the closest place she could rest. Before she could be enveloped by relief the girl noticed how her cousin looked.

Bloodshot eyes with dark circles and dried tears under them. Her red cloak all wrinkles and tears with the hem turning black from all of the dirt.

Her legs started moving on their own and before she even knew it her knees buckled next to her cousin. Lissa looked down at her with new tears forming in her eyes. Before either of them could even say anything Rose run up to them.

As she tried to still her breath, Rose scanned Lissa's face.

"Andre, he..." the princess started but stopped after her cousin put a hand on her shoulder.

"We know," Rose whispered back, only getting a weak nod from the girl.

Delilah took the moment to really look at Lissa and she noticed the wooden stake decorated with gold trims and ornaments of sorts all over it. As she looked around she noticed the same pattern on a pillar that was supposed to be holding the Wards.

As the sun came down completely the girls could feel the atmosphere shift around them. Going from quiet anticipation to a mess of shouts and growls in a matter of seconds.

"Fan out," Dimitri instructed as he looked at the new threat.

He could feel the intense stare on his back but resisted the urge to turn back and look because he knew that the moment he saw her terrified eyes Dimitri would take her and he would run as far as possible just to keep her safe. And that was something none of them needed right now.

"It's now or never Lissa," Christian spoke over his shoulder as the Guardians and Novices around them started taking their positions.

Delilah turned her face back to her friends that felt like family now more than ever and she grabbed Lissa's hand that was still holding the stake.

"You're not alone. We can do this together," Rose spoke as she looked the princess in the eyes that were still red and puffy and filled with more unshed tears.

All of them held the stake and as Lissa closed her eyes both of them followed and focused all of their attention on the task at hand.

At first, Delilah didn't know what to do but after a few seconds, she felt it. She felt the pull she had multiple times before when she was having the visions she shared with Rose. It didn't hurt or even feel unnatural, it was almost like a sudden weight was being lifted from her shoulders and she thought if this was what it felt like to be fed on.