𝟚𝟞. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕣

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕣
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟡. - 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤
◇─────────────────◇

Delilah was on her way to meet up with Rose after she received a frantic text from the Dhampir saying something about a trial. The girl hurried down the stairs almost bumping into a group of Moroi students when she noticed Rose standing in front of a jewellery store.

"Well?" Delilah asked as she stopped in front of Rose.

"Come on," Rose said and started walking towards a building Delilah didn't know. "They found out Sasha's alive."

"What? How?"

"I don't know but after that, it seems Dimitri took the blame and they put him under house arrest," she pointed in front of her at the house they were entering.

As they walked up the stairs and outside of Dimitri's apartment Delilah wanted to ask how Rose knew where he lived but after a second thought, she decided against it. He was her mentor after all so it made sense she knew.

After they came to a stop at his door the girls exchange a single look before Rose knocked on it. A moment later the door was unlocked and open by Dimitri making both girls sigh in relief.

Dimitri stepped aside and let them in, his gaze lingered on Delilah as she walked past him. Closing the door he turned towards them and walked closer.

"I'm the one that helped Sasha escape," Rose was the first to speak.

"Sasha chose this. It's not on you. What did you tell them?" Dimitri asked patiently.

"What do you think? Nothing."

"Keep it that way."

Rose sighed and turned away, scanning the room. Dimitri turned to look at Delilah who was already quietly staring at him and when she noticed she had been caught a light blush appeared on her cheeks.

She broke their eye contact and as her eyes wandered lower, the blush deepened from seeing that he was wearing only a pair of sweatpants that hung low on his hips. Delilah quickly looked away and both of them cleared their throats.

Dimitri walked to his bed and picked up a sweater all while Rose and Delilah had their back to him.

"What's going to happen to her?" Rose asked as the girls turned back towards him.

"It's in the hands of HQ now. Nothing either of us can do."

"And that?" Delilah asked, her voice soft as she stared at the black collar he had around his neck.

"The tracker?" Dimitri asked and when she nodded he continued. "It's nothing. Just due process and proper safeguards. I'll be fine once all this blows over."

"HQ doesn't let things blow over," Rose stated bitterly.

"The Dominion needs all the Guardians it has right now. I'm not entirely without value."

"If that was a brag, you need to step up your game, comrade," Rose smirked at him.

"Hard to brag to the woman who gave me a black eye," Dimitri noted, his tone teasing.

"Sorry about that," she muttered as she looked from him to Delilah. Checking if the girl was alright with the fight being mentioned.

"Forget it, Rose."

Rose moved her eyes towards him and then back at Delilah sensing the growing tension she knew they had to resolve. Without her.

"I'm going to go," Rose announced, pointing her thumb at the door.