𝟙𝟠. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕝𝕦𝕓

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕝𝕦𝕓
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟟. - 𝕓𝕖𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤
◇─────────────────◇

Delilah was sitting in the back of the car with Adrian and Lissa who sat in between them. Dimitri was driving with Rose in the passenger seat. Delilah's eyes were taking in the city around them.

She was fascinated with the humans since she got her hands on a book about their history. It was so different from theirs, she finished the book the same day she started.

"And they just comply? Whatever you tell them?" Adrian was marvelling about what Lissa could do and how even though they both had the same magic they could do different things with it.

"Most of the time."

"When you tried that with me, I could feel you knocking at the door of my consciousness. I'm envious."

"Says the man who can just stroll into my dreams."

"About that," he cleared his throat before looking at Delilah. "Now, Delilah, just so you know, when I start making inappropriate cameos in your dreams, just know that's not Spirit Magic, all right?"

"That's just your intense attraction to me. Are you a whiskey kind of lady?" He tried to get the girl's attention but failed miserably because she ignored him not even knowing he asked her something.

"Where did you find this guy?" Rose asked sarcastically while frowning.

She wasn't the only one reacting to his flirting with Delilah. Dimitri gripped the steering wheel tighter, his jaw clenching. If he could he would have burned his-

"So have you ever healed anyone?" Lissa came to the rescue with a question as if she could hear Dimitri's thoughts.

"He-heal? You can heal? How?" Adrian sat back down, turning his attention back to the girl next to him.

"Well, it's just like the other power. It's like this part of me drops inward and pools, and I get this warm rush, and I can do stuff."

"So maybe I should explain," Rose faced the Guardian next to her who slowly loosen his grip.

"Have you seen the auras yet?" Adrian continued, not paying attention to anything else other than Lissa.

"Auras? No. Not yet."

"What the hell is all this?" Dimitri asked Rose before raising his voice, gaining the attention of all the three Morois in the back. "And where are we going?"

"Time to clue us in," Rose turned towards Adrian.

"There is a scholar that we think has some answers that Lissa and I very much need," Adrian cleared his throat before speaking.

"A Moroi scholar in the human world?" Dimitri questioned, his gaze moving to the review mirror. He made quick eye contact with Delilah before returning to watch the road ahead.

"She's written some things about St. Vladimir that haven't made her very popular with the church. Or the Queen. Or anyone, really."

"A heretic?"

"An iconoclast who's been accused of heresy."

"Lissa," Rose said after looking outside the window, she knew that Delilah was already watching so there was no need to call her name.

"We need different clothes," Lissa deducted after seeing how the people dressed.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅