𝟙𝟛. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟝. - 𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕗𝕒𝕣 𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕
◇─────────────────◇

Eddie decided to go and join Meredith on the first guard, leaving Rose and Delilah sitting inside the old church by the fire. The silence between them was filled with the cracking fire, whooshing of the air and an occasional whooing of an owl.

"Rose?"

The said girl raised her head to look at Delilah.

"I think there's something going on with my magic."

"What do you mean?" Rose asked with confusion lasing her voice. "Did something happen?"

"No, at least not anything bad. We've had an assignment, to grow a simple Bonica," seeing the look she received Delilah chuckled before continuing. "A rose bush. And while everyone's seemed to grow not even a meter above ground mine just kept on growing. For a while, I've been feeling weird things."

"So what, your magic is getting bigger and you're becoming nervous?"

"I'm not nervous, it's not like that. I guess I've been feeling a strange connection between me and the...plants. You know what forget it, it sounds ridiculous."

"What do you mean by strange connection? Can you feel their, I don't know, emotions?" Rose asked, ignoring Delilah's last sentence.

"Plants don't have feelings. It's more like I feel their presence when I'm close to them."

Quietness settled between them. Both girls were lost in thoughts. While Delilah was hoping her friend didn't think she was crazy, Rose was thinking if it had anything to do with that one time Delilah saw her through her and Lissa's bond.

Before either of them could continue a voice called out behind them.

"Hey. Look what we caught," Meredith walked inside with Eddie next to her and Mikhail in front of them.

"Should we throw it back?" Eddie joked earning a low chuckle from Delilah.

"I'm just here to grade your defence strategy for Bravo Team, but it looks like you guys have it well in hand," announced Mikhail with both of his hands in the air.

Rose along with Delilah walked towards them while Meredith and Eddie went to warm themselves by the fire.

"I'm impressed, Rose, though I should warn you some of the Guardians are chomping at the bit to one-up Janine Hathaway's daughter," Mikhail said as the two girls came closer.

"I'm ready."

"Well, it's not good enough to just be ready. Show them that you're not Janine Hathaway's daughter. Show them that she's Rose Hathaway's mum," he put a hand on her shoulder.

"Cause I've got 1,000 mirs riding on it. Which I'd happily split with you."

"Deal," Rose agreed after laughing.

"And how is our Royal Moroi doing? Lady Dragomir," Mikhail gave a mocking bow towards Delilah.

"Awfully, my feet hurt, I'm cold and don't even get me started on how hungry I'm feeling. Once we get back to the academy I'll fill out a report immediately," she matched his joking tone with her own, a smirk growing on both of their faces.

"It seems you were born for the role of an arrogant Moroi. I'm guessing she's been giving you hell."

"You don't know the half of it," Rose commented, earning a shove from Delilah.