𝟙𝟟. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟟. - 𝕓𝕖𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤
◇─────────────────◇

Her feet were going numb and her lungs were failing her. Delilah was running as fast as she could. Looking over her shoulder she didn't see him but that didn't mean he wasn't there.

Even though it was midday she still found a way to be outside with the sun out. She wore a long sleeve jumper with the hood up and some leggings. Thanks to the fact that she was moving the parts that weren't covered, like her hands and face, weren't burning all that much.

Running down a set of stairs she grabbed the white, concrete railing, trying to catch her breath. It had somewhat of a cliff over it, creating a nice shade she could rest under. Before she could celebrate that she had won a pair of hands turned her around.

"Gotcha," Dimtri spoke with smugness filling his voice.

"Cheater," Delilah breathed out making his smirk grow even more significant. "There's no way that you beat me here and set up an ambush unless you scouted ahead of time."

"Recon is just basic perimeter control."

"You said we were going blind, and I quote so you'll have a chance of winning," she put her hands on her hips, looking like a scolding mother, deepening her voice while quoting him.

"Suddenly, Delilah Dragomir is listening to what I'm saying," Dimitri stated, enjoying this situation.

"Or maybe you've been scouting out secret places to get me into," she whispered, bringing her face closer to his.

Dimitri clenched his jaw from the tension that was building between them. It was he who broke it by grabbing her by her waist and placing her on top of the railing. She giggled out of surprise before enveloping him in a slow-paced kiss.

Wrapping their arms around each other the kiss was getting rougher and hungrier. Delilah tugged on the end of his hair making him moan lightly into their kiss. His lips slowly travelled from hers to her neck where he lightly bit the tender spot he created last night.

Before they can get any further the sound of footsteps is heard even over the splashing of the waves beneath the balcony they are on. Damn, Lissa had some very loud shoes on today.

Delilah pushes Dimitri away from her with all the power she has successfully making him back into a wall made out of rocks. His face was a mixture of surprise, annoyment and lastly, he looked proud of her for being strong enough to push him so hard.

Delilah was thankful for the fact that she was sitting because otherwise her knees would have given out and she didn't know how she would explain that to her friends. Lissa alongside Rose appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Delilah?"

"Uh-huh," she didn't even try to use real words knowing they would come out sounding like a breathy, weird mess of syllables.

"We need to talk to you."

Delilah slid off of the railing and looked lightly to her right seeing how Dimitri was still holding the rock behind him, holding his breath. Thinking she got away with her secret glance she started making her way towards them.

Unbeknownst to her Rose noticed how her eyes focused on something or rather on someone but she didn't say anything. It would have to wait until they were alone.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"The risk of even one more person knowing, Lissa," Rose was sitting on an armchair while speaking. After getting Delilah, the girls went to Lissa's room where they were currently sitting.

"Yeah, after he just walks into my dream and makes himself at home?" Lissa needed her to understand and agree to her plan.

"Rose, Adrian Ivashkov and I are in the same boat. I know of three confirmed Spirit Users. Vlad went Dark. I might be losing my mind, and the last one-"

"Is a stone drunk, from what I hear," Rose interjected her trying to change her best friend's mind. She looked at Delilah for help but it seemed she was on board with Lissa's idea.

"A self-medicating drunk who drinks to keep the Darkness at bay. But he might have answers, and right now, I need answers more than I need lectures about how scary it is," the more she spoke the more Rose looked like she might agree. "Because I might end up the same as Adrian if I don't find another way of keeping the Darkness in check."

"And this might be our only shot to figure out this link you and I have," Lissa added just for good measure.

"You're going to need Dimitri as well, you know," Rose agreed sighing, while both of them slowly looked at Delilah who was picking at a plant.

Noticing how suddenly their conversation ended, Delilah looked up to see how they were staring at her. She stopped listening halfway through the conversation, so she was now frowning, confused as to what was happening.

"What is it?"

"We need Dimitri," Lissa repeated Rose's words for her. Delilah still didn't see how it connected to her so her eyebrows furrowed even more. "We need Dimitri."

"Just because you say it twice doesn't mean I know what it has to do with me."

"We need you to ask him," Rose explained like it was obvious.

"Why me? Why can't you do it? He's your Guardian," she pointed at Lissa.

Not wanting to argue or reveal how they noticed the closeness between Delilah and Dimitri, the three of them agreed that it would be Lissa who asked him.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Well, hello, lady Dragomir," Adrian spoke with a flirty tone, being the first one to notice Delilah's approach. "So nice to see you again."

"I'm sorry it took me so long-" she said while walking down the hallway towards them.

"Absolutely not," Dimitri interrupted her. The slightest hint of jealousy could be heard in his voice. "You're not going."

"Oh, yes I am," she challenged him, standing a few stairs above him. Their staring contest was interrupted by Adrian's fake cough making Dimitri turn to him before fully turning to face the car.

It made Rose extend her hand in Adrian's direction, "I'm driving."

He gave her his keys without hesitation, "I am in your hands," Adrian said before he, Lissa and Rose started walking towards the car.

Delilah walked down the stairs so she was just behind Dimitri before whispering into his ear.

"Don't tell me what to do. You've done enough of that last night."

It made him think of all the things that happened between them in the past twenty-four hours. And he did all he could to not turn around and recreate them right then and there.

Seeing how his jaw tensed at the mere thought, Delilah wondered how long it would take until he broke. Neither of them told anything to anybody so it wouldn't be ideal for either of them to suddenly lose control and express their feeling in front of the others.

"It's going to be fine," she spoke calmly, squeezing his hand in hers. After releasing his hand she walked past him, making eye contact and giving him an encouraging smile.

This will be a long night, Dimitri thought before walking after her, trying to gain his focus back.

◇─────────────────◇

Sorry for the slower updates, I love the 7. episode so I'm trying to make it really good. Hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!!!