𝟙𝟚. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕕 𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕕 𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟝. - 𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕗𝕒𝕣 𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕
◇─────────────────◇

Rose was currently standing in a field with a bag over her head and no idea where she was. A few hours earlier she was grabbed and blindfolded while training with Dimitri.

Suddenly, she felt a pull of the bag and was blinded by a bright light. Once her eyes got used to the light she saw she wasn't alone in all of this. Next to her stood Meredith, Eddie, Dean and Herk all of them appeared to be as confused as her.

"Congratulation," Alberta's voice made them turn to her.

"You five represent the Novices who exemplify the acumen fit for our Guardian ranks." The words made them all proud of themselves. "Your objective is to escort a Moroi to a predetermined location and secure it by sundown. You will then keep your charge alive by any means."

"At nightfall, Bravo Team will enter the field and come for you and your charge. If your patch is popped by Bravo Team, you fail. If your Royal's patch is popped, you all fail. If you survive Bravo Team's onslaught tonight, we'll see you on the Royal Tour," as she was finishing her speech another black car parked next to them.

A door on the side that faced away from them opened and someone stepped out of the vehicle. It was Anya and after she was standing to her full height she opened a parasol helping Delilah out of the car.

"Delilah was chosen for the role of your Moroi after being recommended by some of the Guardians," Alberta explained as Delilah took the parasol from Anya, thanking her before walking towards them with a smile on her face.

This was all so exciting for her. When she received the news about her being chosen to help with the test she hugged Dimitri not really thinking about it.

"Rose, since you're atop the rankings, I'm making you team leader."

"Team leader? Me? But what about..."

"Decision's made," Alberta's words were final.

"Putting Rose in charge of protecting anyone not named Lissa isn't gonna end well. Maybe you should just flunk us all now," Meredith stated receiving soft laughter from the other Novices.

"Heavy is the head, Hathaway. You want to be Vasilissa's guardian? Leading your team to victory is a hell of a way to make your case. Everything you need is in these rucksacks. Get changed and get going. Good luck."

"Novices, pa-shon!" With that, the Guardians got into the cars driving off after one another. Before driving off Anya made eye contact with Delilah giving her a nod of farewell.

"I hope you guys know that even though we are friends I'm not going to go easy on you," Delilah said, a smirk slowly making its way to her face.

"Great," breathed out Rose while they started going through the rucksacks.

Herk suddenly turned and stalked away from them before vomiting.

"Well, that's a great start," Eddie remarks.

"I'm good. Probably could have done without that fifth pint."

"Yeah, no shit," Dean adds.

"Here. Hydrate," Rose says while giving him a water bottle.

"Looks like we're heading to a structure a few hours away" Rose states after looking at the map they were given.

"Herk, you're with me on near guard. And Dean, you're on far rear. Meredith, navigate and take far front."