𝟜. | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕪𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕪𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝟚 - 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙. 𝔸𝕚𝕣. 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣. 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖.
◇─────────────────◇

On the walk to the library, Lissa and Delilah talked about everything. Well almost everything, Delilah didn't tell her cousin about Rose's tribunal.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

"Yeah, and can you blame me? Weren't you nervous last year?"

"Of course I was. Even though your situation seems worse than mine, I still get how you're feeling," both girls knew Dimitri could hear them even as they were whispering but that didn't stop Delilah from getting closer to Lissa and talking quieter," I didn't know what was my specialization before my ceremony. It's rare, yes but that doesn't mean it's not true."

The library was suddenly in front of them, making all three of them stop. Both girls turned to face each other properly now.

"Not that I don't like your company but I'm meeting Christian and..."

"Of course, I wouldn't want to ruin any romantic moments of yours," the older girl smirked at her cousin.

"That's not-"

"No, no it's quite alright. Have fun," Delilah winked at her.

"There are Guardians in the building, so I guess you're free to go Dimitri," damn, Lissa was really trying to be all alone with Christian.

"As you wish Princess."

Knowing she would be alone, Lissa made her way through the big, victorian looking door inside.

"I think I'll have to have a little talk with Ozera," Delilah said when the door finally closed.

She turned to him, seeing he became more relaxed when it was just the two of them.

"Will you need any assistance with him?"

"Are you offering?" she smiled up at him as he walked closer, closing the awkward distance between them. Now they stood at an arm's length.

He breathed out some air which sounded too much like a scoff.

"Where are you headed now?"

This made her pause. Where was she headed? Her official plan was to talk to Lissa for more than twenty minutes.

"I, um, I don't know. Anya will have her shift soon and when she doesn't find me in bed she will probably hunt me down, so back to my room?"

"I can walk you there," his smile could have melted her right there and then.

Realising what he just said he quickly added, "just to be safe."

"Cool," her brain couldn't come up with a better response so she just went with it. Pretending she didn't feel the slightest bit embarrassed.

Walking side by side they were making their way through the academy grounds, Delilah having her parasol to shield her from the sun.

"I guess you heard about Rose," her words broke the sounds of light wind and birds singing on a nearby tree.

"Yes. I did."

"What do you think about it?"

Dimitri was silent for a moment, thinking over his next words carefully.

"She is the most stubborn person I have ever met. But she is also the most promising Novice I have met."

"That's Rose being Rose," a corner of Delilah's mouth turned upwards. "Do you think they'll send her to the communes?"